Boston Marathon

2 explosions on course and finish

101 to 114 of 114 messages
16/04/2013 at 12:35
Glad to hear you're alright Jonah. Checked the results and saw you'd finished but didn't know where you'd be at the time. Glad you're safe.
16/04/2013 at 13:08
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

What about the leader of North Korea?

Who would that be?

16/04/2013 at 13:35

truly shocking - there are some sick weirdos out there, just hope London puts on a true show of defiance this week.
Working in London, like agent ginger, you get perhaps immunised by these senseless attacks - but remember as a kid the IRA blowing up a wimpy (1980ish?) and subsequent bombs at the stock exchange, Victoria, the Baltic exchange, bishopsgate, and docklands , which would have been early 1996 - as they had the whole marathon route boarded up round there. Very eerie running that year...Also a bomb at London Bridge (1992/3?) that I remember as I was in work and no-one else came in for hours...my future missus was on a train at the platform when it happened. Oh and 7/7.... as I say , sick weirdos

16/04/2013 at 14:05

Running is such a force for good.  Our sport unites us, keeps us fit, gives us a sense of purposes and raises millions for charity.  Why target us and our supporters?

My thoughts are with ALL those involved, runners, spectators, marshalls, organisers and those working there.  Todays run was dedicated to them all.

Edited: 16/04/2013 at 14:05
16/04/2013 at 14:14
Elizabeth Dix 4 wrote (see)

Running is such a force for good.  Our sport unites us, keeps us fit, gives us a sense of purposes and raises millions for charity.  Why target us and our supporters?

I doubt the bombers  give a toss about all the stuff you mention.
Their aim would have been to create as much mayhem and devastation as possible.

Edited: 16/04/2013 at 14:16
16/04/2013 at 14:19

David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
cougie wrote (see)
Nobody deserves bombs.

What about the leader of North Korea?

To be fair to North Korea they have never used a nuclear bomb to kill people. As you know David only one country as ever been so evil as to do that.

16/04/2013 at 14:32
He did put an political opponent in a field and blow him to smithereens though leaving not even a trace of him. Not the sort of bloke you would want to be playing around with the big red button is he?
cougie    pirate
16/04/2013 at 14:41
I'd not even trust him with my Mars bar.
16/04/2013 at 14:44

I wouldn't trust him with your mars bar either

16/04/2013 at 14:45

He looks like he likes Mars bars. And pies.

16/04/2013 at 14:47

Very sad to hear of the death of a young boy who was waiting for his dad to cross the finish line - awful for the dad to find his son dead and daughter and wife badly injured. Thought there might have been a front page dedication on this website - come on RW?

16/04/2013 at 15:09

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
He did put an political opponent in a field and blow him to smithereens though leaving not even a trace of him. Not the sort of bloke you would want to be playing around with the big red button is he?

This is a complete tangent - but I'd very much doubt it was him Kim Jong-Un, he's just a cog in a system thats clearly got wildly out of hand. I suspect if he suddenly started trying to reform the system he might meet with a fatal accident.

16/04/2013 at 15:40

Trouble is, in the end you sometimes have to deal with these people. We ended up dealing with the IRA because even they got tired of it all...

16/04/2013 at 17:02

Loved doing Boston, loved the people of Boston, they really embrace all things marathon. Thoughts and prayers with the families of all affected.
No way will this put me off VLM this weekend.  I'm in the same camp expressed so often here. . Roll on Sunday. I'll have my Macmillan vest on over a Boston shirt of some description and will remember.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 114 of 114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.