Boys and Girls Alone

Anyone watching?

9 messages
Aitch!    pirate
03/02/2009 at 21:56
What are your thoughts?

Moral/immoral?
03/02/2009 at 21:58
Yes, watching it with my 14 year old. He's loving it. I'm sitting here thinking I've maybe not done such a bad job of raising my 2 so far after all...at least they know how to use a kettle (mainly cos I insist on them making me tea at regular intervals )
03/02/2009 at 21:59
I just caught the last few minutes, I'm going to watch it on 4+1 now. From what I saw it looks awful, lots of shots of heartbroken kids....
Aitch!    pirate
03/02/2009 at 22:01
I think it's highlighting the cotton wool-ness of most of the kids....

Is it right for the parents to put them in there though? I'm not sue I agree with it....

Blimey, girls are bitchy!
03/02/2009 at 22:02

The girls are horrid, truly nasty when one of them told a younger one she couldn't have any supper because the recipe only served 6.

Loved the little madam at the end who said if you didn't have money there was no point in living

03/02/2009 at 22:05

I feel sorry for the boy how left

He will spend the rest of his life being called MUMMIES BOY!!!

03/02/2009 at 22:17
I've just watched the first bit of it. So far I think it's funny. it's evident that a lot of the kids take day to day things such as cooking for granted. It goes to show how we mollycoddle our offspring. I can't think of any other species on this planet that looks after their young to the extent that we humans do, as soon as they can walk and talk they should be preparing their own meals, sweeping chimneys  and generally earning their keep!
03/02/2009 at 22:21
I think my benign neglect skills would do well in such camps and am glad that  my kids would rise above the kids on prog.  That said I did cry.
04/02/2009 at 20:49

my 12yo loved it
then he asked me how i thought he would get on and what about his brothers

and would i have let any of them go on the programme anyway (no)

so it generated an interesting discussion

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.