BURN THE WITCH!

MOB RULES!

1 to 20 of 30 messages
15/11/2012 at 18:28

WHAT THE HELL IS IT TO YOU? ARE YOU TRYING TO START A FIGHT? YOU WITCH! LIGHT THE TORCHES. WHO'S WITH ME!? LET'S BURN THE WITCH!

15/11/2012 at 18:29

All we can safely say at the minute is that DLT has been arrested on SUSPICION of offences and has NOT been charged yet. The problem with our tabloid press is that they like to act as judge, jury and executioner.

Another concern is that readers of The Sun, Daily Star, Daily Mail etc like to take what they read as fact. "It's in the paper so it must be true mate!"

None of us know for sure whether he is innocent or guilty. That's for the courts to decide. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

15/11/2012 at 18:38

If were are talking about DLT a  relative of mine met him once when she was in her twenties (way back in the 70s) and said he was a bit too free with his hands for her liking. 

Edited: 15/11/2012 at 18:40
15/11/2012 at 18:39

Not good, but 20s is not 10 years old...!

15/11/2012 at 18:42

He has been arrested in connection with "sexual offences" as I understand it nobody has said against whom  - whether adult or child.

And a sexual offence is a sexual offence regardless of age or sex!

15/11/2012 at 18:56
Screamapillar wrote (see)

He has been arrested in connection with "sexual offences" as I understand it nobody has said against whom  - whether adult or child.

And a sexual offence is a sexual offence regardless of age or sex!

In connection with, but no imputation that he is guilty yet.

15/11/2012 at 19:01

No. None whatsoever. But in light of what I was told I'm not exactly reeling with shock at the allegations.

15/11/2012 at 23:26

I don't think it's a witch hunt at all - quite the reverse - there have been countless episodes of abuse of kids that have been swept under the carpet.   My money is that the main thrust of the story about an establishment paedo ring being protected is true.     As for DLT - throw him in a river - if he sinks let him off if he floats burn him. 

16/11/2012 at 06:14

I think it is a selective Witch Hunt. Virtually every Pop Star, DJ or band member from the 60s through to today will have at some time had Groupies. Our press will treat some as sacrificial lambs and they will chase them to the grave, and others they will leave alone,

16/11/2012 at 08:32

There isn't enough newspaper printed to start on the Stones/Beatles/Led Zeppelin etc. etc.  If  every groupie starts looking for compensation, which seems to be one of the drivers of the numbers suddenly volunteering information after not bothering for 40 years, most of the band members/DJs will be dead before they get to them.

16/11/2012 at 09:04

Except Bill Wyman, a known Paedophile

16/11/2012 at 09:06
EKGO wrote (see)

Except Bill Wyman, a known Paedophile

Has he been convicted?

Tommygun2    pirate
16/11/2012 at 09:11

I would be carefully who you name as a Paedophile EKGO without proper evidence it may end up costing you a large sum of money.

16/11/2012 at 09:35

Well Mandy Smith says Bill Wyman slept with her when she was 14 - they met when she was 13.    John Peel similar story.  

16/11/2012 at 10:08

Of course with the age of some of the boy bands today it might be the groupies that will find themselves in trouble

16/11/2012 at 11:00
Witch hunts happen and people start to throw accusations on the internet because some people are as vile as the one's they accuse.
16/11/2012 at 11:10
Rickster wrote (see).

Another concern is that readers of The Sun, Daily Star, Daily Mail etc like to take what they read as fact. "It's in the paper so it must be true mate!"

None of us know for sure whether he is innocent or guilty. That's for the courts to decide. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Witch hunts happen and people start to throw accusations on the internet because some people are as vile as the ones they accuse.

Both of these are unfortunately true.

16/11/2012 at 11:20

Has anyone mentioned that genius little "truism" that there's no smoke without fire yet?  That's my favourite.

Cheerful Dave    pirate
16/11/2012 at 11:25

That's inherent in the 'burn the witch' statement Phil.  Or were you thinking that we would be using a smoke-free combustion method for said witch, to ensure that everyone's able to enjoy the burning in a healthy environment?

16/11/2012 at 11:58

This is a particularly difficult issue, and will be more of a problem than ever before. Virtually any of the Bands in the 60s 70s and 80s will be vulnerable, not to mention film and TV people. Where does it end? 

The Witches will be the few who will be allowed to fall, Jimmy Savile is a perfect example of how the establishment can protect.   

1 to 20 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.