Bus Drivers Should You Be Worried?

Driverless vehicles in 10 years time

12 messages
19/07/2013 at 08:19

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23330681

The article claims that driverless cars are safe  For who???

Do they have planes with no Pilots? 

Pudge    pirate
19/07/2013 at 08:25
Karen Samuel wrote (see)

Do they have planes with no Pilots? 

Yes...drones

WiB
19/07/2013 at 08:30

They also have trains with no drivers.

To be honest the most dangerous part of most cars is the driver. Get rid of them and it will be safer!

WiB
19/07/2013 at 08:41

If this thead is aimed bus drivers who post on the forum I think you'll have a long wait for one to come along...

.....and then two will arrive at once.

Pudge    pirate
19/07/2013 at 08:46

Get your coat Screams.....

19/07/2013 at 09:05

Will the driverless buses be able to pull off the trick of accelerating and stopping as the old lady walks down the aisle with her shopping? I think not!

19/07/2013 at 09:18
Pudge wrote (see)

Get your coat Screams.....

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)

Will the driverless buses be able to pull off the trick of accelerating and stopping as the old lady walks down the aisle with her shopping? I think not!

Oh I don't know, it's amazing what technology can do these days 

20/07/2013 at 01:14

They're legal in parts of the US already.

20/07/2013 at 10:02

Sounds like a great idea to me.  Can't wait for driverless cars too.  I get so fed up with wasting time behind the wheel.  I could use that time much more productively as a passenger

20/07/2013 at 10:44

I thought that there was a law, one of those international agreements, that stated that a driver must be in control of the vehicle at all times.

Even drones are controlled by a pilot, albeit from the ground, they are in contact with the drone at all times and in control of it.

The technology for driverless vehicles has existed for some time. Parking sensors are still back in the dark ages.

There will come a time when all vehicles will be driverless. There are some positive and some very freaky negative models in scifi, I do wonder what it will be like.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
26/07/2013 at 11:14

Autopilot technology has been used in aeroplanes for years.

26/07/2013 at 15:11
Who will get the blame though when inevitably there's an accident? As for cars, I love driving so sod the driverless car!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.