Calling all Cumbrians...

Recommendations on places to eat/drink in Ambleside needed

21 to 24 of 24 messages
24/03/2011 at 13:36
Lanky Lad wrote (see)

Zeff's does a meal and film deal for about £19. It is a veggie place though. Very good food so you won't miss the meat.

I'd been in twice before I even realised it's veggie. But then I'm not always that quick on the uptake!
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
24/03/2011 at 13:38
I'd been to Wilf's Café 3 times before I noticed it was veggie.. Granted I am usually trying to work out how to tell the OH how much I spent in Wheelbase
24/03/2011 at 14:11
If you're going walking in the Langdale Pikes, or up Bowfell, I can highly reccomend the Hiker's Bar at the Old Dungeon ghyll hotel, or The Stickle Barn Tavern. Both are at Great LAngdale, about 7 miles west of Ambleside.
24/03/2011 at 16:11

Ello Rickster - thanks for that, we are going walking round Langdale Pike, so that's good to know.

Dave - I think I'm probably going to have to give most of Jenning's beers a trial when we're up there - it's only fair

Thanks so much for all the suggestions - looking forward to trying them out!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.