Calling GNR debutants...

...and repeat contenders.

3 messages
07/10/2002 at 12:34
Was this year's Great North Run your first? Or have you taken part more than five times? If so, drop me an e-mail with a daytime phone number, as we want to hear what you thought of the 2002 race.
07/10/2002 at 13:12
boing
07/10/2002 at 14:09
Not quite in either of the catogories but thought I would write anyway. I first started running at the age of 61 to raise some funds for the local hospital who previously had cared for my wife.Yesterday was my fourth GNR and I intend to go on as long as I am able.
Saturday was great day for the kids and whilst the new venue(quayside) was a bit cramped for spectators( 10,000 of them ) it still proved to be a grat atmosphere. My grandson took 30 to run it and the next two hours collecting autographs.
Sunday saw a great turnout for the GNR and as ever the crowds helped us all along with there enthusiasm. I got in under 2 hours so I was pleased. The goody bags were a better idea - it meant 47.000 people did not have to look around for different locations for there medals etc., I was running for the lifeboats and they provided us with a massage ( the first in 65 years ) and food afterwards - all very civilised.

A Grat Day.

Fred

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.