Can anyone give advice re Court of Protection?

Question re applying for deputyship

4 messages
27/07/2008 at 22:37

I've been put in the position of applying for deputyship and a couple of awkward things have arisen that it's difficult to mention on the www.  Does anyone know enough to answer a couple of straight forward questions?

Miserable time.

JPenno    pirate
28/07/2008 at 22:38
Minty - mail me through the site and I will do what I can to assist
29/07/2008 at 07:34

Can't help Minty, but hope Jpenno can

thoughts are with you 

31/07/2008 at 22:58

Thanks JPenno - you have mail.  Actually you have mail x 2 because the silly cat hit the escape key while I was in the middle of the first.  I hope it all makes sense and thanks for offering to help.

Thanks Beebs.  It's my step-mum who is unwell and it all feels so horrible.  It looks as though we are going to have to sell her house to pay for nursing care and I feel so rotten about it because I keep wondering 'what if she gets better and we have to tell her she hasn't got a home to go to any more?'.  Of course that's unlikely but this has all been so sudden, I can't get my head around it.

Off to look at nursing homes tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to.  I don't even know what I'm looking for.  How on earth do you make decisions like that?  I don't even know what to look for in a nursing home.

Hopefully gut instinct will suffice. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.