Can I have a rant about people lying please!

41 to 52 of 52 messages
09/02/2013 at 16:08

I have no idea Wilkie.  Ask the temping agency that pays their wages.

kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 16:26

Ah ok, I got confused. I was talking temp as actually being employed by us but not on a permanent contract. I have a lot to learn about orifices

09/02/2013 at 16:43
Temps get the same holiday pay pro rata, so if you temp full time for six months you will get half the annual holiday allowance. If you temp one day a week for 12 months you will get one fifth of the annual holiday allowance as you have worked one fifth of what is required for the full annual holiday allowance.
09/02/2013 at 17:07
Wow Richard Francis. Totally impressed that your missus had her hand shaken by someone. Makes your 2.45 marathon look a bit rubbish ;0)
kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 17:15

My Mum got invited to have lunch with Diana many years ago, she declined. True story, what a bitch my Mum is huh?

09/02/2013 at 17:32

Thousands of people met Princess Di and shook her hand. My missus was from a place in NZ where at the time the locals still pointed at cars. So GB Royalty was a big deal, especially as it was 11,000 miles away. People from Warkworth aren't expected to meet the most famous women on the planet.

So I hardly think that Princess Di was just another celeb.

Nothing special in that my missus met Di in such a routine day to day situation.

The bit that's special is that by a sheer utter fluke someone took a picture at just that very moment.

Its having the proof. A nice memento. That's all.

Edited: 09/02/2013 at 17:34
09/02/2013 at 17:35

SC - If temps are employed by an agency, and the agency treats all their staff the same way, that's fair enough.

I thought you meant staff who were employed by you/your employer directly, but on temporary contracts.

However, if an agency temp stays with the same company for more than three months, they become entitled to the same terms and conditions as employees of the company in a comparable job.

09/02/2013 at 17:36
Some people write amazing literature, some people achieve great things(like 2.45 marathons) some people just happen to be shagging the queen's son. Even from Wanksworth that isn't impressive ;0)
seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 17:56

Ric F.you running a good marathon time is something to proud of and boast about.....because you achieved something that is difficult and you worked for it.....

all your wife did was hang around for hours to get a good place and then get some celeb to stop by them.......not exactly something that she had to work for or was anything that everyone else could have done without much effort ......so i can't see it worth being proud or boastful about.......

kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:04
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

I get the feeling that me and Sussex Runner also share the same view on Diana and the even more loathsome Kate.

It's not them that are the problem, it's the way the general fodder public have limited brain cells.

09/02/2013 at 18:25
kittenkat wrote (see)

The best one for me, way back when I taught PE. A teacher from a neighbouring school phoned in sick and then the whole country watched her when the camera honed in on the crowd at Wimbledon! Busted

Either this is a frequent occurrence or that was my godmother! Did you teach PE in Gloucestershire area, by any chance?

kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:41
Hellsbells7 wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

The best one for me, way back when I taught PE. A teacher from a neighbouring school phoned in sick and then the whole country watched her when the camera honed in on the crowd at Wimbledon! Busted

Either this is a frequent occurrence or that was my godmother! Did you teach PE in Gloucestershire area, by any chance?

Cornwall, Australia, South Gloucestershire, Exeter... but I never fucked off to Wimbledon on the back of a sickie

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.