Cats and workmen

Never the twain shall meet?

21 to 29 of 29 messages
09/07/2009 at 12:28

We had builders in when our two eldery cats were alive but I was there to keep things 'normal'. Cats don't cope well with disruption. 

The funniest thing was when our old porch was demolished - the cats' route out to the garden. I opened the kitchen door where the porch once stood, now onto open garden with piles of rubble, and the female puss just looked at me as though to say, "What the hell..?!"

09/07/2009 at 12:39
Before forum input MS seemed to feel that I was being difficult just for the sake of it! It's good to have some unbiased opinions to inform our decision.
09/07/2009 at 15:30
I'm on the No bench too.  I work for a builders and we sent some subbie electricians in to do some rewiring at a property and they managed to shut one of the cats under the floorboards.  Wouldn't risk it and can you imagine how distraught your neighbour would be if anything happened to one of them.
10/07/2009 at 08:52
Have had a chat with MS and asked what the urgency is re the wiring. Nothing really, he's just got a bee in his bonnet about it. We have agreed to leave it for a while, maybe even a couple of years, and then review the situation. It's top of the agenda as soon as we are <whispers>  'cat free'.
10/07/2009 at 09:15

Hey there Slugsta.

Need me to come round and stand on MS's foot?

Bit late to the thread but concur with the resounding no you've received already.

Rewires commonly include chasing out walls which uses a drill and is very noisy and very dusty.  The moggies would find it stressful with you there, let alone not.

10/07/2009 at 09:17

Hiya, Mouse!

You're welcome to come round and stand on MS's foot any time you like .

10/07/2009 at 09:19
10/07/2009 at 13:15
Mouse is this a general service you offer of just a special for slugsta??  If its a general service, could you come stand on Mr CS foot please???  No reason for it, just thought it'd be fun.
10/07/2009 at 16:00
Caz, Mouse and MS have a 'history' together

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.