Chicken keepers of the world unite

Well there's a thread for puppies......

101 to 105 of 105 messages
17/10/2012 at 09:13

http://www.omlet.co.uk/images/originals/chickens_in_your_garden.jpg

17/10/2012 at 13:19

My two chickens are called Dora and Teri (short for Teriyaki, strangely). I did have Nessa (short for Vanessa - one of Granny Pig's - from Peppa Pig - chickens' names) but she died. Massive eggs, small bum

18/10/2012 at 19:40

Lovely chooks carterusm. 

What is it about chickens names that are so individual. I suppose it shows how much character they have. If you don't keep chickens you wouldn't understand. 

18/10/2012 at 20:41

Cheers.

We have got 2 ex batteries left (Winnie and Gretel) that have not laid for a few months now so I think thats them done with. The 2 new ones (Jezebel and Harriet) are going to be laying 6/7 times a week and big brown ones !

How many chucks do you have Soup Dragon and what are their names ?

18/10/2012 at 23:05

I've got 3 chucks. Had them just over a year and they are called Brenda (top of the pecking order and Brenda is Private Eye's name for the Queen), Amy (after Amy Johnson) and Mavis (for no reason at all its just a name that came to us). Amy is bottom of the pecking order poor thing and Mavis has the most character. She is white and the other 2 are brown Rhode Islands. She likes to get up to high places such as the back of chairs and then struggles to get down again in a huge clumsy flap lol. But I love them all. They lay an egg each every day. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 105 of 105 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.