Christmas Bah Humbug or Happy days

21 to 30 of 30 messages
15/10/2012 at 13:07

Obviously as a child I loved Christmas but as I became an adult I got a bit disillusioned with the whole thing. It just seemed that there was no real message to it. It's not exactly a celebration of the birth of Christ as I believe originally it was a Pagan festival?. I like to buy gifts for my Children but I really don't like the consumerism and just greed really. I don't need anything. Not really. I've got heat, food, a bed to sleep in. There is nothing else that I NEED. I don't have presents anymore, I ask friends/relatives to donate the money to a charity that I chose. People bang on about the Christmas spirit etc .At least this way I feel like I've actually given something that will help others. I'm lucky. I don't need any help. I don't hate Christmas but I would just like it be worth more than buying and receiving load of clobber for no reason that I could justify.

15/10/2012 at 13:16

I hate it with a passion.  I wouldn't mind it at all if it maybe lasted a week - but the fact that it now appears to start sometime in October so that the whole bloody thing last longer and longer.

As a festival to brighten up the dark winter nights - happy with that part. Lets have a couple of days off work - cover everything with lights and have a nice family dinner.  That's enough.

The real meaning of Christmas - and folks who even mention 'the real meaning of Christmas' quite frankly should shut up. It's all a load of old bollocks and most folks over the age of 15 know it.

If you are a Christian - get to church - the rest of the country - stop using it as an excuse to get pissed and act like adolescents.

yes I really really hate it.

15/10/2012 at 14:39

Next have got their Christmas windows already......

15/10/2012 at 14:46

bastards

15/10/2012 at 15:36

LOL

15/10/2012 at 15:49
Wilkie wrote (see)

Next have got their Christmas windows already......

GymAddict wrote (see)

bastards

15/10/2012 at 23:49
Avoid it all and do some volunteering How on earth do I do a linky on an ipad?

http://www.crisis.org.uk/pages/volunteering-at-crisis-christmas.html
16/10/2012 at 11:46

i like christmas. piss artists like me sort of blend in.

16/10/2012 at 14:22

i love christmas.

but i don't want to hear about it until 1st Dec at the earliest

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
16/10/2012 at 15:31

I love Christmas and NYE because I get extra time off work, and it's a good excuse to laze around as there's nothing else to do anyway.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.