Citizen Khan

How bad is this

21 to 27 of 27 messages
29/08/2012 at 18:41
Rev passed me by I'm afraid. I liked Steve Evits in the Eric Cantona film though
29/08/2012 at 19:22
I only saw the trailers. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and all that, but this particular cover had "this is a shit book" written all over it. Probably better than Mrs Brown's Boys which I have seen and have been annoyed with myself ever since.
29/08/2012 at 20:54
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Father Ted was about Priests and was actually funny. Maybe priests were offended but they were not ordinary people like were shown in Citizen Khan.

What about the other charactors???
Mrs Doyle?
John & Mary (shopkeepers who hated each other, but were 'nice as pie' when Ted etc... were there?)

Tom (the 'village idiot'/tanker driver)

29/08/2012 at 22:52
Yeah everybody talks about the tanker driver in Father Ted!!

Seems there have been a ton of complaints about Citizen Kane. The risk of offending a few Muslims might have worth it for a brave new comedy but this was a comedy 40 years out of date.
09/09/2012 at 22:36

Father Ted on E4 tonight - magic! And one of the best lines - "Get the feckin' crunchies out of the car"!! Comedy gold!

10/09/2012 at 11:27

Father Ted was comedy magic.

Citizen Khan was worse than dreadful. Off the mark stereotypes and not even funny.

As for Mrs Brown's Boys - I really struggled to sit through an episode of that bilge.

*throws slipper at telly*

12/09/2012 at 17:48

Only caught about 10 minutes of Citizen Khan last night, humour is very one dimensional as it seems like one continual play on stereotypes and little else. Will give it another chance though as i did only get the tail end of the episode.

Father Ted...so good that I bought the box set twice!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.