Cobblers!

Shoe repairs...

8 messages
11/07/2014 at 21:10

Does anyone know of a shoe repairers in London that does rubber heels?

I've got a pair of stilettos that I have to keep getting repaired about every three weeks.

I don't want to throw them away as there's nothing wrong with then but it's costing me more to get the heels done than I paid for the shoes in the first place 

11/07/2014 at 23:34

We have around 100 iPhones at work, I replace 2-3 screens a month with those I get off eBay... Think I can do it in my sleep now! and i've give up on posh shoes for work, and just use cheap crap ones till they fall apart. 

Edited: 11/07/2014 at 23:36
PSC    pirate
12/07/2014 at 08:04
There is a good cobblers just off Bishopsgate.

Booktrunk, do you get your screens from anyone in particular? I've just changed mine and it isn't working properly. Grrrrr
12/07/2014 at 10:47

The problem with stilettos is that they aren't really designed to walk far in - the surface area of the heel is so small that they're always going to wear down quickly whatever they're made of. If they're nice shoes, can you change into them when you get to work (or wherever you're going)?

12/07/2014 at 18:53

I don't actually walk that far in them  - or wear them every day.  That's what's so annoying.

12/07/2014 at 20:08

Mine have got metal heel tips. Worth a try?

12/07/2014 at 20:13
Have you had your gait analised at a proper shop?
12/07/2014 at 20:18
literatin wrote (see)

Mine have got metal heel tips. Worth a try?

Mine have underneath - I'm scared to death of slipping in them though  Pret's floor is pretty dodgy I found last week 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.