Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,201 to 19,220 of 20,189 messages
29/04/2012 at 13:54

It looks like it's stopped here - there is still cloud cover but it's certainly brighter.  I'm going to venture out to the shops and run this evening when the pavements are a bit drier.

Hope you aren't getting too wet RS.

29/04/2012 at 16:39
It looked a lot worse than it was; not sure why I was being such a wimp.  Got quite blown about on the way back though. 
29/04/2012 at 18:27

Glad to hear you didn't melt

I took sanctuary in the cinema and came out to blinding sunshine reflecting off of the wet pavements.  I really should put in a few miles now but not sure I want to.

29/04/2012 at 18:41

It's been a lovely day up here  I took myself up to Glen Tannar this morning and did a 12 mile walk at a reasonably fast pace, but did make sure that all the really hilly bits were in the first half.  Beautiful sunshine although a tad chilly with a breeze in places. No sign of rain   It wasn't at all busy as the visitor centre is shut for refub which puts people off as there are no loos.  Don't think I saw more than 20 people in the 3 hours.  The only sound was the tweeting of the birdies and the sound of the River Dee which was quite high due to earlier rain.  It's a really good place for having a think and getting the filing cabinet in your head all sorted out.

Then tea and cake with a friend for a catch up.  Days don't get much better than this.

29/04/2012 at 18:59

Sounds like a lovely day TP.

The dry spell here didn't last long.  Raining again.  Run put off until tomorrow when I must do 6.

29/04/2012 at 19:40
I was pleased how well all the previously broken bits held up today as I was hoofing it round at a fair pace.  I may <whisper> try a run soon.
29/04/2012 at 19:57

Stratford marathon was cancelled because of the weather.  Everyone had to do the half and I personally think they made the right decision.  There were a lot of people suffering around the course with the cold.

I didn't run well.  I don't want to talk about it.

29/04/2012 at 20:01
same here
29/04/2012 at 20:05
oh dear, sorry to hear the mara didn't go as planned

Sounds like a lovely day TP
We have had quite a lazy day with lunch in a coffee shop with friends and no exercise except physio exercises
29/04/2012 at 20:06
I just drank coffee in the warm and dry, didn't get wet at all.........
29/04/2012 at 20:11

Back from Bonny Scotland. Managed to leave my shoes in London so had to fork out for another pair in Pitlochry, but much nicer than the old ones. Invested in some new socks too - the old ones had one too many uncertain stains that never quite washed out from the past 14 years (useually red-wine-based).

Great wedding

Alas got dumped by email (in fairness, a very considered one, for which she was hugely apologetic) on the journey back.

29/04/2012 at 20:19
It was good to see you Womble.  It was the highlight of my day.
29/04/2012 at 20:21
Aw PS, that's rubbish.  Doesn't know a good thing when she sees it.    However, the new shoes and socks are a bonus   I bought new sandals yesterday but I doubt they'd really go with a kilt.
29/04/2012 at 20:22
Poor PS.  At least she didn't string you along.
29/04/2012 at 20:31
Crap news PS Glad you had a good time over the broder though
29/04/2012 at 20:33

Boo - sorry to hear that PS.

It's finally stopped raining here at 20:32.

What film did you see BDB.  I'm going to see Salmon Fishing on Wed.

29/04/2012 at 20:38

I almost took myself along to see that yesterday RS but S wants to see it too so we'll wait until I am down next and hopefully it will still be on.

29/04/2012 at 21:04
I haven't been to the flicks for ages.  It will be a treat.  A pal is going to Aus so we're going to see a last film together, then back to mine for food and wine.  Orange Wednesday.  She was my regular cinema buddy until I bought a flat and had to rein in all things cultural.
29/04/2012 at 21:09

I saw The Avengers.  You'd hate it RS, but it was silly, loud fun for my inner 12 year old.

I did fancy Salmon fishing but it wasn't on until later.  I also still want to see Hunger Games.  I've a 40% off voucher to use this week too.

Mike and Caz - sorry to hear about aborted races.  Really crap out there today.  On to the next one which will hopefully be drier.

PS - that's really crap mate.  Pick yourself up and move onto the next once you've had a few drinks and listened to the Manics at full blast (other break up bands are available, whatever works)

29/04/2012 at 21:20

It would have to be loud thumpy rock for me if the inevitable were to happen.  No band in particular but a power ballad usually hits the spot.

19,201 to 19,220 of 20,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.