Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,421 to 19,440 of 20,183 messages
08/05/2012 at 10:58

My last day before hospital tomorrow. Not working. Yesterday's date went well. Bit of drunken snoggage - can't go wrong with that. We'll see if she brings me grapes

08/05/2012 at 14:09
Drunken snoggage sounds like just the thing to keep your mind off hospital. I think the key question I'd not the grapes but whether she wants to count your stitches. I am mostly being agricultural, specifically bovine today.
08/05/2012 at 14:43

Not sure if there are stitches - 3 entries, but keyhole. doc cheerfully said it would be like having 3 stab wounds. The finest of NE Scotland's beasts, I am sure.

08/05/2012 at 14:44

no blood letting until friday - wed and thur will be dull

08/05/2012 at 16:20

They'll have to fasten the little holes together with some sort of suture or staple so I am sure there will be something to look at.  As long as you don't have to wear a buster collarl like dogs do to stop yourself eating our own stitches .... that'd not be a good look for a second date.

08/05/2012 at 18:37

What are they doing to you Shed man?

The Cone of Shame TP

08/05/2012 at 18:51

I have had cats with those collars on - they HATE it. Docs are removing an adrenal gland. It has gone haywire (tumour on it) and producing too much of hormone which mess up blood pressure and potassium levels. Apparently I will be fine with just one

Edited: 08/05/2012 at 18:51
08/05/2012 at 20:48

I'm sure you will PS

I have runned ... again ... that's the 4th time in a week  and it was raining when I went out. Only 3 miles but it's another tick in the box.

08/05/2012 at 21:42

Hope it goes well PS - sounds like it's a quick job.  My body's producing too much thyroid hormone at the moment and I've been on meds for the last 2 months which've been reduced to the lowest dosage.  Doc thinks 3 more weeks before I can come off them pending a blood test.

I have run - 3.99 miles with hill intervals + we had to put out a fire in a bin.  Pesky kids!

08/05/2012 at 21:50

I have the opposite problem with thyroxine RS, maybe you can send me your spare

08/05/2012 at 22:46

Seems common TP - I have a few friends who are under.

Second day in new job tomorrow.  Is it too early to stink the work kitchen out with curried eggs?

08/05/2012 at 22:48

satrt as you mean to go on

08/05/2012 at 22:55

I'd leave curried anything until the second week, stick to garlic laden stuff this week   How did it go today?

08/05/2012 at 22:56

Curried eggs it is then!  There are cakes tomorrow and more on Friday.  Someone's birthday and a leaving do.  A good week to start.

08/05/2012 at 22:58

Garlic-laden stuff?  That'll be my breath then ...

They seem like really nice people TP.  I've never worked for an organisation over about 150 staff, the University has 4,000.  I went to a workshop today in a huge wood-panelled venue and it was standing room only after all the chairs were filled.  Exciting stuff.

08/05/2012 at 23:14
Sounds promising especially if there's regular cake
09/05/2012 at 08:00
New job sounds good RS I think leave the curried egg till next week ...
I hope the hospital goes well PS
Nam
09/05/2012 at 09:57

Mawnin folks...

Bank holiday weekend in Aberystwith was lovely. We were very lucky with the weather, but sadly no shots of the full moon due to the rubbish weather after dark. 

Stress last night when I almost fell victim to a scam website trying to buy a lens for my camera, but the payment didn't work and the bank have been great this morning.

Not been around much... will read back in a sec.  Dunno..., while I of course luv the regular folk here to pieces, in general I've really gone off RW as an environment.  And I'm in touch with most of you via FB anyway, and FB is lovely for being able to exclude complete strangers, prevent folk from lurking etc and just generally happier there these days. 

Lee the Pea    pirate
09/05/2012 at 10:05

Morning I had a right struggle getting out of bed today.  My bed seemed sooooooooo comfy last night.   had a great gym session yesterday, felt really strong after; probably why I slept so well!

I know what you mean sometimes Nam; it is easy to forget about lurkers, and that anyone on earth could be readin all this pish we, sorry I, spout!   Glad you didn't get done by the scammers either.  If you're interested in my 70-300 lens, let me know, though it might not work in autofocus with your camera.  I've sold the camera (hurrah!), but just the spare lens left. 

Is it almost the weekend yet??!

Nam
09/05/2012 at 10:05

Hope BDB & SP had a lovely time. 

SP / TP will drop you a line later as easier to keep in touch that way with work being what it is at the moment.

And I missed Corrie again...   *makes mental note to send another long overdue email*

Frodo, hope your hurt over Flash passing is slowly ebbing a little.  (*shnaffles from Kara*)

19,421 to 19,440 of 20,183 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.