Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,441 to 19,460 of 20,189 messages
08/05/2012 at 22:58

Garlic-laden stuff?  That'll be my breath then ...

They seem like really nice people TP.  I've never worked for an organisation over about 150 staff, the University has 4,000.  I went to a workshop today in a huge wood-panelled venue and it was standing room only after all the chairs were filled.  Exciting stuff.

08/05/2012 at 23:14
Sounds promising especially if there's regular cake
09/05/2012 at 08:00
New job sounds good RS I think leave the curried egg till next week ...
I hope the hospital goes well PS
Nam
09/05/2012 at 09:57

Mawnin folks...

Bank holiday weekend in Aberystwith was lovely. We were very lucky with the weather, but sadly no shots of the full moon due to the rubbish weather after dark. 

Stress last night when I almost fell victim to a scam website trying to buy a lens for my camera, but the payment didn't work and the bank have been great this morning.

Not been around much... will read back in a sec.  Dunno..., while I of course luv the regular folk here to pieces, in general I've really gone off RW as an environment.  And I'm in touch with most of you via FB anyway, and FB is lovely for being able to exclude complete strangers, prevent folk from lurking etc and just generally happier there these days. 

Lee the Pea    pirate
09/05/2012 at 10:05

Morning I had a right struggle getting out of bed today.  My bed seemed sooooooooo comfy last night.   had a great gym session yesterday, felt really strong after; probably why I slept so well!

I know what you mean sometimes Nam; it is easy to forget about lurkers, and that anyone on earth could be readin all this pish we, sorry I, spout!   Glad you didn't get done by the scammers either.  If you're interested in my 70-300 lens, let me know, though it might not work in autofocus with your camera.  I've sold the camera (hurrah!), but just the spare lens left. 

Is it almost the weekend yet??!

Nam
09/05/2012 at 10:05

Hope BDB & SP had a lovely time. 

SP / TP will drop you a line later as easier to keep in touch that way with work being what it is at the moment.

And I missed Corrie again...   *makes mental note to send another long overdue email*

Frodo, hope your hurt over Flash passing is slowly ebbing a little.  (*shnaffles from Kara*)

Nam
09/05/2012 at 10:11

Pea...

I am still umming and aahing whether to take the plunge to go all the way to FX [full frame] and not bother with DX anymore, in which case I would be starting from scratch with lenses...

with my current camera I can use the AF-S range that has the motors built into the lens, so if it's not got an intgrated autofocus motor in the lens then you're right it would be manual only...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nikon_F-mount_lenses_with_integrated_autofocus_motors

Hope you got a good price for your camera.    Shame you felt you had to let it go though.

Lee the Pea    pirate
09/05/2012 at 10:20

Oh no worries, I know you've got bigger plans   Just thought i'd let you know.  Yeah I had to use it in manual, but that was fine for me.  I was sad to see it go, but to be honest I just wasn't using it enough.  I'm also trying to sell my current wee canon Ixus, and if I hoof that too, I might get a better compact camera that I can keep in my bag so i'll use it more.  Otherwise the SLR funds are partly going towards this year's car insurance (yawn) and the rest to pay off some more credit card debt   I dropped the price slightly, but pretty much got what I wanted, so really happy with that   You'll go for the FX in the end, you just need to convince yourself a bit more

Nam
09/05/2012 at 10:28

I fink it's da bank manager wot wants convincin....

09/05/2012 at 12:12

Morning all - sorry I've not popped by over the weekend, but was busy

Lovely weekend had with my visitor.  Why is it that time goes too quickly when you're having fun?  That's what boffins need to be working on.  On Sunday we went to my god daughter's 4th birthday party.  Avoided most of the madness with the 50 kids (it was held jointly with another girl) but the adult party was good fun and still enough kids around to make it cute.  I know I'm biased but my god daughter is just lovely and she was very cuddly on Monday too.  She seemed to take to another young lady I was with which is always a good sign

Can't remember if I told you all that I have booked my course at long last and will be flying out around 9th June.  I've yet to book the flights but the I start the course on 11th June.  Exciting times.

As for the FB/RW debate, I'd prefer those on FB who say how much they prefer to chat there to come back here to be honest.  The FB group isn't designed to work as a forum and I don't find it easy to just drop in and out of it like you can here.  When I log into FB, a notification pops up that x number of people have posted but with no indication as to where.  At least with the forum lists they are in some sort of order.  It's for that reason that I don't subscribe to groups on FB.  That and th fact that there are too many inarticulate mad folks who post on them (that's FB groups in general, not the RW one) Plus, if people are having fun there, why not here?  Makes no sense that one place is more fun than another if the same group of people are there.  Although I do take the point about lurkers.

PS - hope the op goes well.  Good news on the date.  Something other than work to focus your recovery.

Lee - de-clutter/debt clearing is coming along nicely.  Well done lady.

09/05/2012 at 12:31

Oh, Frodo, I've just caught up on your news.  Really sorry to hear it.  Hope you're doing ok.

Lee the Pea    pirate
09/05/2012 at 13:15

Ooh what course is this BDB, and where is it?  Sounds exciting   I'm starting my massage course in a couple of weeks, really looking forward to it.

Glad you had a nice weekend you two    So exciting.  Nothing like a bit of romance

Sorry to hear about your doggie Frodo, I don't know how I missed that   Hope you're okay.

Thanks BDB, my room is looking a lot more spacious, and I feel like there is a bit of a weight off having chucked so much stuff (well, to charity etc.).  Still got more to clear, but just doing it bit by bit.  I even uncovered my fav pic of my Grandpa and me in his garden when I was about two; I thought i'd lost it!!!

Lee the Pea    pirate
09/05/2012 at 19:48
I've just sold my other lens on Amazon! Hurrah
09/05/2012 at 20:55

Well done Lee and good luck with the course.

My course is 6 weeks of 6 days a week IT stuff.  So a bit dry but it will get my certified and should increase my chances of employment many fold. And it's 6 weeks in Goa.  I've tagged on 2 weeks at the end to do a bit of exploring too.  Well, it would be rude to go all that way and not do it

09/05/2012 at 21:10

Indeed it would  I've got a sari I got from a former colleague which I can lend you if you want to blend in with the natives.

Nicely sold there Lee.

Right camera fiendy people, I think I am in need of a new one as the current well used one is starting to give me a bit of grief.  It's 4 years old and been used an awful lot so I've had my money's worth.  Current one is a Canon but the one fault with them is that there isn't any functions on it for editing and stuff on the images before they are downloaded.  Nikon one I had before had this and it was useful for zooming and chopping.  Looking to spend about £200 max and it's got to have good zoom and be little enough to get carted round for work in my pocket/handbag.

Lee the Pea    pirate
09/05/2012 at 21:13
GOA! Bloody hell that sounds nice eh i mean i'm sure the course will be really good! Take plenty suntan lotion. How exciting!
09/05/2012 at 21:24
Greetings crapsters! Well it is all going well do far - after a 5 hour wait for a bed I now have....a room!! Woo hoo! Not sure how I swung that. Still not clear as to what I do all day tomorrow when the op is on Friday, I am already one book down. Good news BDB - I must say I am on FB all the time but not with running types
09/05/2012 at 21:29
Wow Goa sounds good BDB ... though I wouldn't do well with 6 days a week of IT lovely way to improve your skills and get an exciting trip too
09/05/2012 at 21:32
This camera stuff is way over my head - good work lee - i need to sort out debt/ decluttering. My income is irregular but I have a bad feeling it isn't covering outgoings at the moment. My fitst time managing on one income in 13 years. There is a big cushion with the new mortgage but I need to sort it before that disappears. It was meant for improvements extensions etc (get a lodger in) not for paying tax VAT and credit card bills, one thing at a time - i'll get well first.
09/05/2012 at 21:42

<tucks blankets round PS>

Now you rest or I'll be coming round and giving you a bed bath

For the first time in about 10 years I have a vice like grip on my finances and most months expenditure is less than income, including paying off last months cc bill in full.  Holiday has stretched it a bit but that's on a 6 month interest free credit card.

19,441 to 19,460 of 20,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.