Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,461 to 19,480 of 20,189 messages
09/05/2012 at 21:47

Nice offer from TP there BDB.  Not.  Unless you want to look like a cross-dresser.

Glad to hear you've sorted your educational trip BDB - v jealous. 

... and I agree with what you have to say on the FB/RW thang.

I've just been watching a few vids on Youtube - Foo Fighters, Stranglers, Chairman of the Board and a live audience performance of Something by Shirley Bassey which took my breath away. 

Oh and evening all.  *Puts hands behind back and bends legs*

09/05/2012 at 21:52

Frodo if you're here, I properly met my friend's dog tonight who I'm going to be looking after, also called Flash.  You might remember I mentioned him as he's a rescue greyhound and a gentle beast.  He's quite nervous of other dogs unless they're sight hounds like him.  Fine with humans tho and although has only met me once in the street, he came straight over to where I was sitting and licked my foot before settling down beside me.  They're not backwards in making themselves at home are they?  Some tummy tickling was requested soon after.

09/05/2012 at 21:53

I saw the Foos clip you posted on FB, that has to be one of the best music videos ever, I'd not seen it for ages.

09/05/2012 at 21:55

Evening everyone

Back late last night from my mini-break in Surrey with someone very lovely, which i thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of - and i met some of his friends and we had great craic. I can also confirm that BDBs God-daughter is most cute, so he isn't being biased at all (and the fact that she gave me a packet of her Skittles and cuddled up beside me to read a book doesn't bias me at all either ).

PS good luck with your surgery on Friday - you may just sit and chat with us lot tomorrow - that will pass the time for you.

RS congratulations on the new job - sounds like it's going well so far.

I have been trying to watch last weeks episode of 'The Killing' on 4OD but it keeps stopping and starting....did anyone else watch the first series?

09/05/2012 at 21:56

I think most greyhounds are pretty much gentle, sofa-warmers  

Thank you everyone, for your kind words - miss the Big Dog every day; she was such a fundamental part of my life, with me through separation and divorce, three house moves and the arrival of Mr F. At my lowest point, she was pretty much the only joy I could find in the day. 
But, on the other hand, we're very lucky to have Little Bear still. And his presence has made things easier in so many ways. Bless his furry soul  

09/05/2012 at 22:05

You will miss her forever I expect Frodo but the pain gets less.  How is Bear coping without his friend?

I watched The Killing (series 1) SP - fantastic.

Dave Grohl's teeth are like no other set of gnashers and I find his face a little scary, although slightly loathe to admit it that he looked hot in that vid as himself, even if a bit like Matt whatsisname out of Friends.  Great acting, especially the camp steward and the girl.

09/05/2012 at 22:10
Aww Frodo, it's like she knew you would be ok now you have Mr F and Bear ((()))

I have to be very careful with finances cos I have no income, so allow myself so much each month, most for my share of bills and the balance for spending. Luckily I had some left over last so have spends for holiday next week. I really must put more effort into finding some work ...
09/05/2012 at 22:11

Never seen The Killing, I struggle to watch a series of anything ... I have the attention span of a goldfish.

You do miss the special ones forever but it's like missing people who've died, it changes from hurting to remembering fondly. 

09/05/2012 at 22:17

I think you'd have liked 'The Killing' TP.

RS i didn't realise that they were making a second series of it, and was absolutely glued to the final episode of series one - imagine what i was like when it ended on a cliff-hanger....i couldn't wait for the second series to be made (and then i forgot all about it which is how i missed last weeks). I saw a number of reviews which said the original Danish series was better, and i did try and watch it on TV, but i don't find it easy to follow a programme with subtitles.

09/05/2012 at 22:22

Ooh I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger. 

Oh 'ang on - you're not watching the Danish series I'm guessing SP, so which one are you watching then?  Is it American?

09/05/2012 at 22:25

I can't do subtitles ... it makes the goldfish attention span even more obvious.

We're hoping to see Salmon Fishing in the Yemen next weekend.  I hope it's still on.

09/05/2012 at 22:33

Actually I didn't know they'd even remade it.  How unecessary.

I've been to see subtitled films where I didn't even realise I was reading from subtitles.  I get thoroughly absorbed by films and usually feel quite strange when I leave a cinema.  I often can't talk for about 10 mins, especially if it's an amazing film.

I liked Salmon Fishing TP.  My usual eye candy + the sheikh was quite hot too.  I like a sizeable hooter.

09/05/2012 at 22:34

Oh err missus

09/05/2012 at 22:36

Subtitles in the cinema are one thing, but on tv are something else.  Fortunately, I've big telly so it's not too bad.  I wouldn't fancy them on a laptop.  Was fine with the first 2 Dragon Tat filums over the weekend.

09/05/2012 at 22:38

I don't see why everyone can't just speak English .....

09/05/2012 at 22:42

Lets face it TP, the English struggle with it

09/05/2012 at 22:43

RS its the American version i'm watching, but because i'd heard such good reviews about the Danish series i thought i'd try it.

I didn't have any problems with the subtitles on the Dragon tattoo filums either at the weekend (especially when i asked for the TV to be turned up, cos i forgot i was reading subtitles - d'oh!) - my problems with 'The Killing' subtitles were very likely because i was watching it on my laptop.

09/05/2012 at 22:48

I watched it on my laptop too as I used catch-up.  I'd like to watch it again, so might buy the series when it's out.  Maybe it's out already ...

10/05/2012 at 10:59

Morning

I think the American series is out already on DVD, i have a distant memory of seeing it in HMV.

Its wet here today but i am determined to get out for a little trot later on. I am off on holidays the rest of the week - yay!

10/05/2012 at 11:23
You know what they say RS 'big nose big hose'
19,461 to 19,480 of 20,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.