Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,461 to 19,480 of 20,183 messages
09/05/2012 at 22:10
Aww Frodo, it's like she knew you would be ok now you have Mr F and Bear ((()))

I have to be very careful with finances cos I have no income, so allow myself so much each month, most for my share of bills and the balance for spending. Luckily I had some left over last so have spends for holiday next week. I really must put more effort into finding some work ...
09/05/2012 at 22:11

Never seen The Killing, I struggle to watch a series of anything ... I have the attention span of a goldfish.

You do miss the special ones forever but it's like missing people who've died, it changes from hurting to remembering fondly. 

09/05/2012 at 22:17

I think you'd have liked 'The Killing' TP.

RS i didn't realise that they were making a second series of it, and was absolutely glued to the final episode of series one - imagine what i was like when it ended on a cliff-hanger....i couldn't wait for the second series to be made (and then i forgot all about it which is how i missed last weeks). I saw a number of reviews which said the original Danish series was better, and i did try and watch it on TV, but i don't find it easy to follow a programme with subtitles.

09/05/2012 at 22:22

Ooh I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger. 

Oh 'ang on - you're not watching the Danish series I'm guessing SP, so which one are you watching then?  Is it American?

09/05/2012 at 22:25

I can't do subtitles ... it makes the goldfish attention span even more obvious.

We're hoping to see Salmon Fishing in the Yemen next weekend.  I hope it's still on.

09/05/2012 at 22:33

Actually I didn't know they'd even remade it.  How unecessary.

I've been to see subtitled films where I didn't even realise I was reading from subtitles.  I get thoroughly absorbed by films and usually feel quite strange when I leave a cinema.  I often can't talk for about 10 mins, especially if it's an amazing film.

I liked Salmon Fishing TP.  My usual eye candy + the sheikh was quite hot too.  I like a sizeable hooter.

09/05/2012 at 22:34

Oh err missus

09/05/2012 at 22:36

Subtitles in the cinema are one thing, but on tv are something else.  Fortunately, I've big telly so it's not too bad.  I wouldn't fancy them on a laptop.  Was fine with the first 2 Dragon Tat filums over the weekend.

09/05/2012 at 22:38

I don't see why everyone can't just speak English .....

09/05/2012 at 22:42

Lets face it TP, the English struggle with it

09/05/2012 at 22:43

RS its the American version i'm watching, but because i'd heard such good reviews about the Danish series i thought i'd try it.

I didn't have any problems with the subtitles on the Dragon tattoo filums either at the weekend (especially when i asked for the TV to be turned up, cos i forgot i was reading subtitles - d'oh!) - my problems with 'The Killing' subtitles were very likely because i was watching it on my laptop.

09/05/2012 at 22:48

I watched it on my laptop too as I used catch-up.  I'd like to watch it again, so might buy the series when it's out.  Maybe it's out already ...

10/05/2012 at 10:59

Morning

I think the American series is out already on DVD, i have a distant memory of seeing it in HMV.

Its wet here today but i am determined to get out for a little trot later on. I am off on holidays the rest of the week - yay!

10/05/2012 at 11:23
You know what they say RS 'big nose big hose'
Lee the Pea    pirate
10/05/2012 at 11:36

Hmm, I feel we need some proof of that statement PS :-P  Hehehe

Morning all.

The original series of the Killing in Danish is out on DVD, because that's how I watched it.  I'd send it to you, but i'm afraid I sold it not long after i'd finished it!  I have to admit I can't bring myself to watch the American version, as the original was so good, and apparently they have a completely different ending.  The second series was good too, so i'm looking forward to the third one which I think is being filmed at the moment.  I like films/progs with subtitles, but then I forget and get up to make a cuppa and realise I can't actually follow along by ear, lol!!

10/05/2012 at 13:30

Afternoon Crapsters

Grey old day in TP land and I am working through lunch so I can slope off early for a hairdressing appt.  'Tis time for my digital remastering again

Funny I was thinking of the big toes/big hose thing last night at Pilates as the bloke in front of me had the most enormous feet.  I am usuall at the other side of the room and had never noticed before they were massive!  I should have been concentrating on my core

Lee the Pea    pirate
10/05/2012 at 14:06

That's shocking TP ; you'd never catch me staring at men in the gym  *coughs*  

Funnily enough i'm getting my hair done today too 

Edited: 10/05/2012 at 14:07
10/05/2012 at 14:38
I had my hair done yesterday, we will all be swishing and flicking in unison
If I recall PS has pictures if his hose on FB
10/05/2012 at 14:57

You can't actually see the hose on the pictures but apparently it is there.  You just have to use your imagination ....

Lee the Pea    pirate
10/05/2012 at 14:59

19,461 to 19,480 of 20,183 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.