Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,501 to 19,520 of 20,183 messages
11/05/2012 at 17:01
I am ok. Op went very well they tell me i was and returned early to the ward as bllod pressure was so good, although I have lost my room and on normsl ward, slthough thosf stojnc me seem ok. The most uncomfortable thing at the moment is the catheter!!
11/05/2012 at 18:28

All sounds positive then PS, hope you've not been picking or nibbling at your stitches.  I will resist the urge to take the piss about the catheter <boom tish>

It's the weekend .... yipppeeeee  Apart from RDing at parkrun tomorrow I've nothing planned except to sort out holiday clothes and maybe a quick trot into town to fill any gaps.

11/05/2012 at 20:55
Glad you are ok PS
The Bt app works! We have tinternet for free, rarrrr!
Loevly cottage and we had fish and chips for tea
11/05/2012 at 20:59

It's good isn't it?  I get free wi-fi in most places with it

Make sure the weather down there stays good at the end of the week please.

11/05/2012 at 21:58

Evening all.

Good news PS - rest up and recover well.

Have a great trip B.

I've been for a little run this evening with my brother.  Very slow as we ran to his pace but it was a lovely evening for a run.  Wish we could have been out for longer.  Hope I can fit a run in tomorrow.

I've got people coming over tomorrow night and have a couple of will appointments during the day.  I don't have much to do around the house and tea is easy.  I'm baking a cheesecake as I type so I'm actually ahead of myself.  Who'd have thunk it?

11/05/2012 at 22:03

Not me

What flavour of cheesecake?

I fear I may have to sack tomorrows planned run as my hip bursitis seems to have flared up again  but we'll see how it is with a rest.

In today's hot news ... we now have Oly tickets for one of the diving sessions.  Although we'd really have like Athletics to get into the stadium, the aquatic centre is a very close second.  That's diving, tennis & footie for us over the weekend.

11/05/2012 at 22:07

Oi cheeky.

Congrats on the tickets.  I'm upset I'm going to miss the whole of the Olympics.  Although I don't have tickets, it would have been great too experience the atmosphere.

Boo on the hip.  No idea what you can do about that.  Do you take any joint supplements like cod liver oil or glucosamine?

11/05/2012 at 22:30

It's not a joint thing really, the bursa is a fluid filled sac on the edge of a bone which sort of cushions the muscles round the bone and lets them move more freely.  It's a case of building up the muscles and keeping them moving properly so they don't irritate the bursa.  The physio thought that rest and working on building some muscle groups should help but looks like that's not working quite yet.

11/05/2012 at 22:35

Evening peeps.  I'm bushed!  First week in new job and head is sooo full of information.  I'm going to have one helluva lie-in tomorrow.  Just a shame it's only me.

If that BDB's around, could he please tell me if he's seen an Argentian Film called the Headless Woman about a hit and run accident/mystery scenario.

I was in Waitrose earlier and witness a lovely-looking well-priced tiramisu which actually might inspire me to make my own this weekend, although the Waitrose one had coffee liqueur in, drool.  Waitrose are doing 3 for 1 on their Good To Go drinks which includes the cafe mocha milk thing which is heavenly.

Cheesecake   Sorry BDB.

11/05/2012 at 22:35

*Argentinian*

11/05/2012 at 22:36

3 for 1 - what am I on?  Buy 3 and the cheapest one's free.

11/05/2012 at 22:47

Not heard of that RS, but I don't think I've ever seen an Argentinian filum.

Congrats on getting through the first week.  It will get easier.

My baked cheesecake is yummy.

TP - that does sound nasty.  In that case I prescribe SB and plenty of it.

11/05/2012 at 23:18

BDB - The Secret in Their Eyes is Argentinian - have you not seen that?

Sorry again Mr Bloke but anyone's cheesecake would be rank to me.

Lee the Pea    pirate
12/05/2012 at 08:04
Morning all Looks like a lovely day here, at least the sun is shining in through the blinds! Long may it last. Shoul really get out my pit an go enjoy it i guess....so comfy here though...
12/05/2012 at 11:22
We didn't wake up till nearly ten!
Boo to the hip thing TP, I hope it let's you run
It's sunny here, but too late to do long run/cycle so just doing a short one today and will get up earlier tomorrow to do long one then!
So much to learn and get used to in a new job RS, it will get easier!
12/05/2012 at 11:45

I cycled to work on the road bike for the first time this year, this morning. It was also my first outing with the SPD (clip) pedals and shoes off the turbo. Low and behold - first set of traffic lights - epic failure to unclip

Someone reassure me, please - this will get easier, won't it?

12/05/2012 at 13:32
haha Frodo, I hope you are not hurt, K tells me it is easy, I however am the wrong person to look to for reassurance, I was absolutely crap and kept falling off when I tried them, so got pedals that are flat on one side so I could wuss out when I wanted, which was most of the time!

Lovely slow 6 mile run, I wore longs but was a bit too hot, hurrah!

There was a welcome basket when we arrived that included homemade bread, jam and cake. My recovery food of choice today is a latte and lemon drizzle cake
12/05/2012 at 13:37

Fantastic! Run time error and my mega post was lost.  Grump grump.

RTA on parkrun course road, took several attemps and sweet talking a policeman (must have looked like his mum) to get within carting distance with all the stuff.  Had to delay start so people could get there but 102 managed.  What a week to be RD ... and there were no bagels, croissants or toasted teacakes by the time I got to the cafe.

12/05/2012 at 13:49

Frodo - well done for having the cojones to cycle to work.  I would encounter too many jams and lights, I'd be forever clipping out.

Hope you're OK.  Did anyone see you?

What you need to do is maybe clip out when you think you might have to stop, so even if a light ahead's green, get ready or if a person looks like they're suddently going to cross the road and force you to slow, ditto.  As you prob realise, the slower you're going the easier it is to fall off as you lose momentum/time needed to clip out.  I'm definitely no expert, I'm a scaredy cat as I've fallen off a few times but always when coming to a stop or when pedestrians have suddenly moved into my path.

Hello B and TP.  Sounds like a lovely day B and is it your first RD TP?  I think the Duck's RD somewhere (St A?) today too.

12/05/2012 at 13:51

Oh and I'm always v in awe of chaps (haven't seen any chapesses yet) who pedal stand at red lights in clips.  I saw one casually clip out t'other day from a stand and place his foot on the ground nonchalantly. (Green-eyed monster)

Edited: 12/05/2012 at 13:51
19,501 to 19,520 of 20,183 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.