Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,561 to 19,580 of 20,183 messages
Lee the Pea    pirate
13/05/2012 at 14:52
Afternoon folks, it is very quiet in here today. Don't tell me you all went out and got a life?! :-O

I've somehow managed to do the sum total of eff all today, except buy towels and pillow for my massage course! Off to see my pal and his twins in a wee while. *might* chivvy myself into action for a very short run later, i've been feeling the urge for it. Must be sick!
13/05/2012 at 14:57

I've been swimming in the sea this morning and I have made a cake this afternoon.  The cake will be sent to a friend for his birthday, so hands off!  If I get time I might make another cake for me, or I might leave it until tomorrow.

13/05/2012 at 15:02
Gah! my post went missing again, I think the webiste can't cope with two posts at one time!
*ushers Lee out of the door for her run*
I have done 11.4 ploddy miles. Still keeping HR low so walked some of the hills, but very pleasant, and recovering with latte and cake
K didn't get out till about 12 for his ride so won't see him for 2 or 3 hours so an afternoon of sloth beckons
13/05/2012 at 15:03
Ooh what sort of cake Caz? I have had lemon drizzle, very good!
13/05/2012 at 15:09

I got out the door for 4.5 very slow miles late morning.  Since then I've just been flumping round the house doing bugger all of any consequence.  I am heading upstairs to tidy up and sort out clothes ..... when I can no longer avoid it.

Lemon drizzle cake ..... yum yum yum.

13/05/2012 at 15:10
How was your hip?
13/05/2012 at 15:16

Bloody sore about sums it up   I should probably have cut short the run but tbh it was as sore walking as slowly running.  I have attacked it with the foam roller and will do it again tonight. 

13/05/2012 at 16:15

The cake I have made is a light fruit cake.  Tomorrows one will be ginger cake because I am making it to practice my nutrition strategy for the long swim I have in 5 weeks.

Yes, you heard that right - ginger cake is approved nutrition for OW swimming.  Why do you think I do it?

13/05/2012 at 18:25

Afternoon folks.

Ginger cake approved nurtition?  Where do I sign up?  I'll have to tell my Mum to get to an open water swim venue and sell her ginger bread - it's the best.

Frodo - riding with clippies does get easier.  It's just a case of practise and confidence. We've all had low speed topples with them.  I once saw a guy at a set of lights stop, sit up taking his hands off the bars and take a phone call still clipped in.  He was on a fixie which helped but it was pretty flash.

Busy day yesterday.  Couple of will appointments though the last one was horrid.  Old guy, grotty flat with sticks of furniture, answered the door with a fag on the go and the place reeked of cigarettes.  We sat in the living room and he sat down and carried on watching the TV.  After a few mins, I asked him to turn it down so we could talk.  He coughed all the time, lighting fag after fag.  Couldn't get out quick enough and I stank of smoke once I'd left.  Got changed into my running gear as soon as I got home and went for a trot.

Had to have a bit of a tidy round then get on with cooking for visitors in the evening.  Lovely evening had but I may have had a glass or 2 too many as I feel a litle fatigued today.  I did have the presence of mind to clear up last night though so that when I came down this morning it was clean and tidy.

Lots to sort out this week for my trip and hopefully do some running too.

13/05/2012 at 18:35

I may be making progress with Hubby.  He actually initiated a conversation today about separation without any hint of the usual 'If we don't get back together' bit.  We talked like adults, and (shock horror) friends and even managed to laugh about how we were going to sort out custody of the cat.

He has spent most of the day sorting through a cupboard of junk to decide what we can throw out, before we get to the painful bit of deciding who is going to get what.

I feel much happier.  Although there is still a long way to go, I feel that one obstacle has been overcome.

Lee the Pea    pirate
13/05/2012 at 18:39

Great stuff Caz, I hope that is a marker of things to come  

Fear not B, I came to my senses and realised I wasn't that into running when I stepped out the car to horizontal rain and a force 10 gale  I've got my new programme in the gym to start this week; really looking forward to that.  Coach is eventually going to get me doing chin-ups!!  Christ, better start shifting some weight so their is less of me to lift.  Might just stop eating altogether

Went to see my pal and his twins, boy and a girl aged 2.  They are ridiculously cute, was lovely to see them.  I don't see them that much, but they are really <span>amenable wee things and are happy for cuddles and what not, even though i'm probably a stranger to them! 

13/05/2012 at 18:43

I'm seeing my PT tomorrow Pea, so I will be thinking of you when you are in the gym.  Last week she made me do the full hour with a weighted jacket on.  It was hard enough to stand upright wearing it, but she made me run, squat and do push ups with it on!

I asked her how much it weighed and she wouldn't tell me 'When full it weighs 3 stone, but I took some of the weights out'.  Hmmm, I didn't see that many empty pockets so I'm guessing close to 2 stone.

Lee the Pea    pirate
13/05/2012 at 18:45

Ooh that sounds tough!  I can imagine that's a good incentive if you want to lose weight, with the thought of how much easier things would be if you weighed that much less.  I remember when I had lost almost 10 kg, using that weight in the gym, and my PT said to me "imagine that weight strapped to your knees or your heart"...made me think!

13/05/2012 at 19:22
Crikey, sounds like a hardcore session Caz! Pleased that you and hubby are making progress, you sound really positive
Boo to the poorly hip TP, those rollers do work, but it hurts!

I like gym work too Lee, especially in bad weather!
13/05/2012 at 19:30

Sounds like you made a positive step forward there SC. Hope it continues in the same vane. I ginger cake ... but not enough to take up long distance swimming.

I sorted out holiday clothes, found what fitted and what didn't. Chucked/charitied some things I will never wear again. It's all been in a cupboard for a year so everything will need a wash to freshen it up. Looks like lots of ironing crosstraining for me. The only new thing I will need is a new swimsuit, a light rain jacket & possibly a long skirt if I can find one I like. There were only a couple of pairs of trousers which didn't fit

Leftover sundried tom & olive rissotto scoffed. I will have my Solero later - they've less calories than a kitkat. See, I am trying!

13/05/2012 at 19:47

Less calories TP?  Tut-tut.  ST would be giving you a detention

A positive day there Caz.  Hope it carries on.

Left over curry scoffed and I'm now considering a second slice of cheesecake.

13/05/2012 at 20:03

Well, I'm very up and down at the moment.  Friday was probably the worst day so far, but I seem to have got over that.  No doubt there will be more bad days to come.  And more good ones

13/05/2012 at 20:16

Fewer calories   Still tastes good though

13/05/2012 at 20:38
Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)
Frodo - riding with clippies does get easier.  It's just a case of practise and confidence. We've all had low speed topples with them.  I once saw a guy at a set of lights stop, sit up taking his hands off the bars and take a phone call still clipped in.  He was on a fixie which helped but it was pretty flash.

I thought you were going to say he took a call and ... t-i-m-b-e-r!

I caved in and bought a bottle of Tanqueray and some Fever Tree tonic.  Just as I was unpacking my panniers of shopping, doorbell range and a friend arrived to take advantage of the gin/sunshine situation.

I have made Indian spiced tomato rice and saag.  Also a spicy coconut milk rice pudding to take to work for my lunch.

Lee the Pea    pirate
13/05/2012 at 20:59

OOh that rice pudding sounds delish; what  spices do you put in it?

19,561 to 19,580 of 20,183 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.