Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,601 to 19,620 of 20,189 messages
14/05/2012 at 14:12

*mwah* back to you gorgeous...

I'll return it anyway Lee, it was very good and you may want to pass it on.

14/05/2012 at 16:03

*hands out sik bags for the rest of the thread*  Sorry folks

Just been sorting out flights for India.  Exciting

Am also about to head off for my jabs.  I'll be brave.

14/05/2012 at 16:40

"get rid of online adverts using this one weird old tip that doctors hate"

14/05/2012 at 17:14

Lol

14/05/2012 at 18:17

sorry everyone!!

Watch your sick bags though - i spotted BDB cutting holes in the bottom of them

14/05/2012 at 19:08
Evening, aw lovely fuzzy- feeling thread today
Happy birthday Nam, I hope you are having a great day

Spag bol eaten, we might go and investigate another pub later ...
14/05/2012 at 19:20

Fishcake with some ratatouille here.  I like a bung in the oven tea on a Monday.

If there's any more of that smushy stuff I'll have to take my cynical ramblings elsewhere   Which reminds me ... only 3 more sleeps

14/05/2012 at 19:21
Exmoor awaits you TP ... it is still beautiful, but unfortunately summer is yet to arrive ..
14/05/2012 at 19:21

Hope you're having a nice time in Exmoor B.

Food sorted out for tomorrow. Having a quick coffee before starting on the ironing.

14/05/2012 at 19:23

Smush?? Where??

14/05/2012 at 19:32

Summer will be arriving with me on Thursday morning, make sure you don't accidentally take it with you when you head home on Friday.  Should I put it in my suitcase or take it as handluggage in case it gets lost?

I emptied the ironing basket last night but then I washed a whole load of holiday clothes which I dug out yesterday so it's getting full again.  I was getting funny looks at work when I said I had washed the stuff before I put it away and then washed it again before I packed it ... apparently that's making work for myself.

14/05/2012 at 20:00

That is making work for youself TP.  Wash, dry, hang up/put in draw until needed is good enough for me.

I don't know what's come over me lately but I have more productive in the past couple of weeks than I have all year I think.  Still less productive than normal folk, but it's progress.

Today I have been jabbed, nearly sorted flights (need to confirm tomorrow), cleared out food cupboards, cleared out and cleaned the fridge, done 2 lots of washing, cut my hair and been for for a run.  And I don't need lay down

14/05/2012 at 20:09

Are you sure?  You must be exhausted  What did you have to get vaccinated against?

14/05/2012 at 20:15

Thanks folks - Adblock it is.

SP - I wish I could drink coffee at 5pm.  I can only drink it first thing and that's only when I'm going to be going for a run or a swim pre-work.

I didn't go to my swim sesh tonight.  I'm feeling quite rubbish and I think it's due to the hyperthyroid meds.  They're making me v tired first thing but then I'm wide-awake at midnight.  I'm trying to break the pattern but it's so hard first thing and a nightmare with a new job.

Maybe I just need to be easy on myself until they're finished.  Blood test in 2 weeks' time should hopefully say back to normal and then I can stop taking them.  The side effects are grinding me down.  It got to the point where I turned down 2 social things at the weekend and I'm concerned that I'm isolating myself.  Admittedly it's damp and horrible and I don't have a car to get around but I should have the energy to get on my bike and cycle 5 miles to see a friend in the evening shouldn't I?  Or am I expecting too much?

14/05/2012 at 20:16

Hep A, Typhoid and Diphtheria apparently.  I could have the Rabies course but that's nearly £160!  I'll just avoid monkeys and dogs.  I've also got 90 days worth of Doxycycline.  That's different to the anti-malaria stuff I took last time.  It's a generic drug so a fraction of the cost, as effective and doesn't give you crazy dreams like the other stuff does.  Only difference is that I have to take these for longer.

14/05/2012 at 20:27

I think I'd find it very easy to avoid monkeys, they're scarey.  Scabbie street dogs scare me too.  I've never going to be one of those people who spend thousands rescuing a three legged mongrel from forrin parts.

14/05/2012 at 20:33

Hey BDB - is doxy the preferred method now?  I advise not taking on an empty stomach.

I just used citronella on my exposed bits at night.  I'm not someone who really gets nibbled tho'. 

Shall I have a wee gin do you all think?  Votes please.  I'm new to this midweek drinking lark but need a lift.  BTW have any of youse see Elizabeth Windsor (The Queen) on Twitter?  Hilarious.

14/05/2012 at 20:43

Yes to the gin .... but you knew I'd say that didn't you?

I am a total beastie magnet, I must look slightly delicious to anything with little sharp teeth and wings.  Thanks for the reminder RS, I will add some deet to my holiday shopping list. 

Hope you get off your meds soon RS if they're making you lack energy.  For you a 5 mile cycle is nothing at all, bit like me walking to the car.

I don't Twitter, I take it that's a spoof queen thing or is somebody really tweeting on her behalf?

Today's hot news is that I am allergic to something I've eaten over the weekend.  I started feeling itchy yesterday, I'm really itchy today and my eyes are sore.  I can only think it was the sun dried tomatoes or something in them, or maybe the olives, or the Solero .... <scratch scratch>

14/05/2012 at 21:03

RS - I don't know if it's the preferred method, but if I had what I had last time, it would have cost over 5 times as much as this little lot, and they're not giving this stuff away either.

Sorry to hear that the meds are getting you down.  Starting the new job probably is wearing you out too and not seeing familiar faces and friends from the old place will add to the feeling of isolation.  Try and get out next weekend if you're too tired to go out in the week.  A little gin will help tonight

TP - could you have been bitten by something or be allergic to a particular breed of animal that popped into the surgery?

14/05/2012 at 21:06

Neal's Yard citronella is v effective.  Deet sounds scary.

It's a spoof TP and it's fab.  Largely based on "Is it gin o'clock yet?"  "One's pouring a gin" etc.

19,601 to 19,620 of 20,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.