Crap at relationships

How do i get things sorted

19,941 to 19,960 of 20,189 messages
17/06/2012 at 09:06
Oh thanks for the reminder, I need to make a list of postcard addresses. If you PM or FB me your Indian one we can be incredibly international!

I have a lazy day ahead as S doesnt get here until early evening. Couple of things to pick up but tis mostly done.

Good thing you notice the exam error or you might have been a panicy! I am sure you will do great.

Time to get up and retrieve breakfast I think.
17/06/2012 at 09:23

Ooo - that would be very international.  I think I'd prefer it at home though to go with TP travels collection on my fridge.  Unless Caz has pawned that to feed her swimming cossie addiction

Talking of which, any news from Caz?

17/06/2012 at 09:26
Bear posted that she had completed the day but no more apart from that. I hear you are allowing her to touch your dishwasher. I cannot tell you how much that hurts ....
17/06/2012 at 09:45

That's good news.

I consider you to of superior stock, above that of simple domestic chores.  Will that do?

17/06/2012 at 10:11
Hmmm, I suppose I can see you reasoning
17/06/2012 at 19:58

Evening

Returned to normality now and am home from holiday - a few minor hiccups with flight delays (only 3 hours, but there is only so many times i can walk round Duty Free). We were much luckier than some people who had theirs cancelled altogether.

Mima, sorry things weren't as good on Saturday night when you met up with your friend, but maybe because there was a third party there the timing may not have been right. See how things are when you meet up during the week. (Remember also that she may be a bit cautious too, especially if she knows you are just out of a long-term relationship, so neither of you probably know what the other one is thinking, unless you say). Hope things are okay too with the job situation.

TP i am most impressed that you have packed already....hope you + S have a fabulous relaxing holiday, good weather (not that i can remember where you are going), lots of SB and nice food. Maybe by the time you come back i will have set up a FB account so i can see your pics . (Lol re the dishwasher ).

I wonder how Caz is today - no doubt aching all over after yesterday.

17/06/2012 at 20:04

Glad you got home safe sp72 - delays suck royally!

Today started out ok (was at the ex's last night as we had a nutual friend over) and we went out for our planned 10 miler this morning. She refused to slow down enough to run with me past about 8 miles when I was starting to hurt and went off without me.

I got back and it just went downhill - big row, both of us shouting at the other, lots came to the surface which was a good thing but I hate arguments...probably the reason we never had any when we were together. We worked things out...but I think we'll have a few more of those yet

Feeling emotionally drained now - and more bloody confused than ever.

17/06/2012 at 20:13

Aw thats horrible for you Mima....you are probably right though, i'm sure there is alot more to be said, but i think it is better to get it out in the open, and if you are to maintain your friendship it needs to be said, otherwise anger and hurt just fester and one or both of you will be unhappy.

Big hugs to you, and you know we are here for you xx

17/06/2012 at 21:21

Thank you SP...I'm shattered. Feeling very sad, I don't like it when I lose the plot like that...the complete loss of control is scary. All I want really is to go back to when it was ok and not over and broken. But I know that won't happen. I'm rubbish at relationships clearly.

I'm tired of always doing the looking after - looking after everyone since I was 10. Tonight all I really wanted was someone to look after me, to cook me dinner and let me curl up next to them while I had my hair stroked. Nothing major, nothing extravagant but I am just very very tired of being alone.

Sorry chaps...don't mean to be quite so crap, this seemed like best place for it though.

17/06/2012 at 21:59

Mima you have mail

17/06/2012 at 22:34
snails pace 72 wrote (see)

Mima you have mail

you are a star xxx

17/06/2012 at 23:54

Hi guys!  Race report over on my Good Luck thread if you have an hour or two to spare.  I'm not feeling too bad today thanks to G and Bear for both looking after me.

Wow, looks like it was a busy weekend here.  I'm afraid I'm too tired to be able to think of suitable replies to everyone, but I am thinking of you all that are going through rough times and I will put together a more thoughtful reply tomorrow

20/06/2012 at 12:45

*Brushes away cobwebs*

Hello?  Anybody there?

Things are generally good for me at the moment.  I had a bad moment on Monday, but I kicked myself into gear and turned the negative energy into something positive.  I'm now getting stuff done that I have been putting off and feeling that i am moving on again.

Had a relaxing swim with a very lovely person last night.  There could be potential there when I am ready.

Lee the Pea    pirate
20/06/2012 at 13:17

Oooooo, sounds interesting Caz   Potential is always good. 

Sorry to hear things are really crappy Mima.  Break-ups are totally shit, and possibly even more so if you're trying to remain friends.  Getting stuff out in the open is probably a good thing, although that can hurt sometimes, so look after yourself.  If I was any use at replationships myself, I could pro-offer words of wisdom, but unfortunately I suck at them, so i'll just offer you lots of hugs instead ((((Duck))))

Is TP on the boat now? Fingers crossed for a non-Italian Commander at the helm

My back is totally goosed this morning which is a royal pain in the arse (or back), but going to the gym later to see if it helps.  It did the last time, so fingers crossed. 

20/06/2012 at 16:01

Some crapsters feeling crap I see - apart from TP on the cruise of a lifetime. Having a bad moment myself today -  it was 20 years together so I guess it will bite me on the bum sometimes when i think i have moved on.

20/06/2012 at 16:05

Oh PS I am sorry...makes my 4 ish years pale by comparison. Have a hug...and know it will get better lovely. ((PS))

20/06/2012 at 16:08

Going to Sunderland for Bruce Springsteen with old old friends (in that I have known them for long!!!) tomorrow. That should sort it. 'Glory Days' is the song.

Hope people are doing a little better! I cant offer wisdom either

21/06/2012 at 10:12

PS, 20 years for me too.  The most recent wobble was because I went home to discover that he has started redecorating the house.  I was initially angry that he has the cheek to redecorate without me, then outraged that he had no right to do things to a house that I still own, then hurt that he had chosen now to start on it when we have been planning it for about 5 years but never found the time before.  Then finally I accepted that maybe he needs to do this in order to help him move on.  At the end of the day, hes going to be left with the house and has to live with the decor.  I'll be out of there soon.

21/06/2012 at 10:17

Oh Caz....wish I could give you a hug! You know you always have a spare sofa bed here if you need to escape. I know, not geographically central but if you need it.

American girl text me last night, asked if I was free for a bite to eat and that she thought she owes me a drink. I was in an area of naff all reception so by the time I received it, it was too late. I asked about whether we could do Sunday and all I go was a Maybe. Explained I wasn't ignoring her but was in no signal areas and nothing. I have a feeling this friendship may sour rather quickly at this rate.

21/06/2012 at 10:37

I'm ok Duck.  I've managed to turn the negative energy into positive energy and it has spurned me on to get out of the house quicker.  I now think it unlikely that I will go back there once the house sitting is over.

19,941 to 19,960 of 20,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.