Crufts: Cruel or kind?

41 to 48 of 48 messages
12/03/2012 at 21:43
Got to admit a show Lab's are massive and a working Lab's are slim jims.
12/03/2012 at 21:49
We see a lot of very traditional chunky working labs.  There are a couple of very well known breeders who we eye test for & there are some cracking labs around.  They tend only to sell to working homes rather than pets or show.  Though a lot of them do field trials.
12/03/2012 at 23:41
The chocolate lab is fashionable round here seems every other dog is one
Edited: 12/03/2012 at 23:43
12/03/2012 at 23:58
goldbeetle wrote (see)
Working Cocker = field spaniel

No it doesn't .    

Re. police dogs - some of those working strain malinois (the shorter haired belgian shepherds) they use as police dogs are pretty full on.   Fantastic dogs in many ways but a full time job to have one as a pet I'd have thought.     There are still plenty of good german shepherds though and by all accounts a little less highly strung than your average malinois.  

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
13/03/2012 at 12:01
Agreed, Popsider - we have some Polizei dog handler  members (in fact our head trainer is one) in the GSD club I belong to and they almost all have a Malinois or a Hollander Herder. You are dead right about them being full on, they make terrific police dogs but not great family pets.
16/03/2012 at 12:44
Hi UIW. Use to post as Mak's Friend, but he has gone on to the great kennel in the sky. Seela is my new running companion now. She is a rescue Siberian Husky, as her owner unfortunately died in a flying accident.
17/03/2012 at 00:36
 do jack russels make good running dogs ? got offerd one free last week but said no in the end  wasnt to sure about the vet bills and all that  
17/03/2012 at 00:46

It's a bit like Miss World really. But not watched it for a while (Crufts not Miss World) although there are dogs on both!

I like dogs BTW (canine kind not rough ladies!)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.