Curious Questions

Do your kids, or you, come up with some really tough questions?

41 to 51 of 51 messages
24/01/2011 at 09:40
Cinders wrote (see)

Lol!

Nessie, don't you find that even when you do answer "why" you just get another "why" in reply?

I think seven is the longest string of "Why"s before I get to "Just because I say so,,,,,,"

24/01/2011 at 10:36

Lol, same here!

Well its just gone 10.30 and so far today I've had "why are drinks fizzy?" and "What do you use to wee with mummy?"

24/01/2011 at 13:26
Slightly different
Dad the printers broken I have plugged it in but it won't switch on, we need a new printer, lots swearing and I'm in a hurry etc
Checks printer, plug in socket, switch on socket in the off position.
Hmmm so much for your University education.
Aitch!    pirate
24/01/2011 at 13:40
Being a primary teacher teaching Y1 I could post here ALL day with the things my class ask me. Loads of abstract ones like:

How far is it to the sky?

Why is the sky blue?

At Christmas 'I though Joseph was Jesus's Dad but it says here he's God's son. Who is his Dad?

When will I be as tall as you?

I taught SRE (sex and relationships education) to my Y3/Y4s last year and had some REALLY interesting questions!

What's humping?
What's that tablet you can have to stop you having a baby?
How does the sperm get to the egg?
What's a condom?
Does it hurt having a baby?

Amongst others!
24/01/2011 at 13:50
Great Aitch, do you have a list of answers given for future use?
24/01/2011 at 13:59
GB - my Mum asked me what a t*t wank was, over Christmas lunch, after hearing the phrase on Catherine Tate. I told her and she looked very confused, then said "but how is that a nice thing to do?" 
24/01/2011 at 14:51

Aitch, I need to know how far it is to the sky, if you managed to answer that one.

This weekend I had "How can Jesus be the son of God if he is God?"  I didn't want to start with SRE for Hillbillies and work my way into it from there...

ANTB, how far did you spit your sprouts?

24/01/2011 at 14:57

Ratzer - quite far!  don't know why she was asking me, and not her partner, I'm a small busted girl. I dread to think what she believes I get / got up to.

24/01/2011 at 15:21

When birds migrate, how do they know where they are going and do they stop for food/rest along the way?

Surely it's like an ultra for them?

How do they not die before they reach their destination? They are only small!!!!!!!!!!

gingerfurball    pirate
24/01/2011 at 15:25
my daughter (she was about 5 at the time) in a very fancy restaurant and in a very loud voice...".mum what's constipated???
24/01/2011 at 18:34

x

Edited: 24/01/2011 at 21:13

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 51 of 51 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.