Cycling to work

Am I nuts?

41 to 44 of 44 messages
13/04/2010 at 19:18
Peter, don't fall to the evil cyclists. They are the cyclists of satan.
14/04/2010 at 07:25
I couldn't do it everyday currently, my quads are burning like buggering today, the 32 mile ride on Sunday, and then the 34 mile ride to work yesterday has taken its toll!!!!
14/04/2010 at 20:13
I ride 6.5 miles each way to work and I am impressed  with your time. I used to ride a 25 in 1.25 hours but cycling to work seems to take me forever.averaging just over 13 miles an hour. I find the sweatiest part is the small of my back carrying the backpack.
14/04/2010 at 20:52

I try to cycle in and run home.  Following day I'll run in and cycle home.  Only problem comes on a Friday when I cycle in and then have to cycle home so I have the bike at home for the weekend.

Direct route is just under 4 miles though I often do around 7-8 miles.  If I'm running I head onto the coast path and along the beach which makes the run around 8 miles.

Out of 12 staff, 3 cycle. 

As for wildlife, I did stand on a rabbit on the coast path one morning.  Didn't see it in the semi-darkness.  Realised I'd stood on something and looked behind me. A dazed rabbit was there staring at me before dashing off into the hedge.  Scared the living daylights out of me and makes sure I keep an extra eye out now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.