Daily Cake Eating Thread (Also Incorporating Pies)

Babycakes, I just don't know know, why I I, I need you so so ....

1 to 20 of 35 messages
03/06/2007 at 17:09

What: Victoria Sponge (6oz)
Why: It's in my schedule
Last Lard: Yesterday
Last Cappuccino: 3:32pm

A full bodied but light sponge, cutting it to it with my fork it felt springy yet light as indeed a Victoria Sponge should. Small crumbs falling off the side exposed the delicate and uniform baking process so important in the creation of such a quality cake.

On the palate it was not to disappoint. Melting slowly on the lounge with a not displeasing but slightly overpowering taste of fresh strawberry jam.

Washed down with some medium strength cappuccino, the second mouthful was also a delight and was not to be dominated by the coffee taste.

Lyric: Some stupid dance band
03/06/2007 at 17:27
What: toblerone 400g size
Why: what's the point in anything less?
Last lard; As above
Last cappuccino: Wot? Sunday afternoon, am quaffing wine for England (and have no idea who's in the team!)
   pirate
03/06/2007 at 17:27
What: apple delice
Why: it has white almond butter in it
Last lard: is there such a thing as vegan lard?
Last cuppa: barley cup about 43 mins ago

Lyric: Ruby, Ruby, Rubyyyyyy, by the Kaiser Chiefs
   pirate
03/06/2007 at 17:29
ooh SW, picked up a 'new' toblerone fruit & nut today, not that I eat the stuff, just liked the look of it & knew it would come in handy for the kids at some point!
03/06/2007 at 17:30
Oops Lyric. Toblerone melting. "I'll stop the world I'll melt with you"
03/06/2007 at 17:31
AL - cor yum! Really????
03/06/2007 at 17:31
What: Thorntons chocolate
Why: 2 for 1 at outlet shop - well it would have been rude not to!
Last Lard: Lemon drizzle cake yesterday
Last Cappuccino: Tea drinker
03/06/2007 at 18:01
KK Um...not sure. Played football? Will ask blokes at W place tomorrow morning.

Any of that custard slice left?
03/06/2007 at 18:05
Hic!
04/06/2007 at 03:33
What: chocolate cake
Why: Home made, so had to eat.
Last Cappuccino: 1.00pm

A full on fattening experience. bugger the weight, three pieces is just enough!! finger licking good!!!

Lyrics: don't know but mine would be 'I just can't live without you, you are too good to be true!!'

If the cake didn't make me sick, the above would. I just love cake!!
Flr
04/06/2007 at 05:33
What: two jaffa cakes
Why: no other biscuits in the house
Last Cappuccino: strictly lapsang
04/06/2007 at 08:43
What: slice of rustica in Verdi's on Swansea Bay
Why: long run followed by cycle. so I'd earned it
Last Lard: Yesterday probably, but can we not think about it please?
Last Cappuccino: also yesterday, nice coffee in Verdi's
Lyric: Listening to friend of friend explain broken foot and thinking how lucky I am to have 2, neither broken.
04/06/2007 at 08:52
Morning munchers

What: somerfields double chocolate muffin
Why: because they are buy 1 get one free
Last hard :yesterday
Last cappuccino: bloody ages ago
Lyrics.... OH !!!its on the tip of my tongue, will rememeber in a minute !!
04/06/2007 at 09:50
Sorry folks, I've had a terrible week - no sweet stuff at all. Have cross trained by eating a packet of ready salted crisps though - does that count?

What can I do to get my sweet tooth back?
Go back to the beginner's schedule of chocolate buttons and Swizzel's lollies?
04/06/2007 at 10:02

Lynne, I recommend a few careful savory sessions over the next fortnight, not too quick but with the emphasis on quality. Make sure the pies you choose are full bodied yet with light pastry. Chicken and Leek or even Steak Pie (so long as the sauce does not have too much alcohol in it) are a good start.

Only my opinion and other munchers may disagree.
04/06/2007 at 10:09
I disagree WA.. Lynne needs to start getting some sweet sessions in ASAP, savory sessions are obviously dampening her sweet tooth, soon she will be relying totally on pies and pasties , and sweet tooth days will be a thing of the past for her...I suggest Lynne that you go and buy a family bar of Cadburys caramel and just GO FOR IT !!!
04/06/2007 at 10:10
Lynne...non of that starting slowly and building up...just stuff yer face !!
04/06/2007 at 10:18
What: baked cheesecake with homegrown strawberry compote
Why: Mum wanted to try a baked cheesecake recipe and it was Sunday
Last Cappuccino: Double espresso about half an hour ago

I would like to say a full on fattening experience, but it was the low fat recipe from RW so not really...although three of us shared the whole thing!
04/06/2007 at 12:41
Whatever route you take to get back into the sweet stuff, ensure it is swift and successful. Start with a pie but buy dessert as same time and consume both quickly. Wash down with lots of coffee and then just savour the flavour and rest your belly!!!

Not that I have a lot of experience of these things!!
04/06/2007 at 12:51
Just baked a marmalade cake for the old lady who lives in our garden but bay has eaten most of it and i had to taste it to check it was ok...:-)
1 to 20 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.