Delivery/Courier Companies

Are they regulated and by whom?

1 to 20 of 26 messages
26/03/2014 at 18:45

Slim to nil? Can you collect from their depot if necessary? If it's goods you have ordered, complain to the company you bought them from. Deliveries are always a pain but this one seems to be in the premiere league. Which company is it by the way?

26/03/2014 at 21:38

Uncanny. Same firm on Tuesday this week. I was stood 10 feet from the door and heard a card put through the door. "Sorry you were out, we left the parcel near the door". opened the door, the van had gone and parcel left under the doormat. No attempt to ring the bell or knock the door. I heard the card drop so I would have heard a knock or a ring. Obviously not an isolated case.

27/03/2014 at 10:24

Had a well known delivery outfit (think red vans), Drop card through door to you were out.. Opened door before he had chance to move...

He had to walk all the way back to his van to get the parcel

Christmas before last My Daughter opened the door as he posted the card, Chased him down the street asking for parcel and he drove off... Went to the sorting office the following day and no record of parcel.... Strange how a large parcel from Amazon can go missing at Christmas !

27/03/2014 at 12:10

I have just had a problem with anothe reone - previous courier for the company I was buying off good as gold nearly always deliver or if not I can easily get hold of them to re-organise - this one no attempt really nice bright card offering and 'upgrade' to specified times for £5 couldn't find the alleged link online to re-organise, phone number didn't connect wasn't going to pay for an upgrade anyway

Eventually rearranged via the original vendor but nothing that they sent me told me that they had acknowledged the alternative arrangements - didn't know until my neighbour texted me to say he had thebox

27/03/2014 at 12:27

Dave, I had a similar same thing happen with those in red vans. Card was posted, "Sorry you were out" and I opened the door, I asked for the parcel only to be told, "you're normally at work so I haven't bought it, and it wont be at the sorting office 'till tomorrow as it's still on the van which is else where".

Great, I'd only paid extra for next day delivery and booked the day off to receive it!

JvR
27/03/2014 at 12:34

We've had delivery person not turning up after we'd been informed that the would deliver between 9 and 5, rang up and got told that they probably didn't have enough time to deliver to us because they finished at 3.

Also had cards put through the door saying we were out and they tried to deliver. Did catch one person as they were walking back to the van.

Also had things delivered to completely the wrong address, fortunately the postman and woman that cover that address and ours had each other mobile numbers so when the woman that add our parcel gave it to her postman he rang our post woman and they met up and she brought our parcel even though it wasn't them delivering it.

Have also had parcels left by the side of the house.

Worst was when we had parcels thrown over the wall into our back garden.

27/03/2014 at 12:50

I once had a card through the door "Item left in wheelie bin".

......on bin collection day........

27/03/2014 at 12:57

I was having a wheelie bin delivered and they left it in my wheelie bin. Confused? I should say so.

27/03/2014 at 16:58

LOL!

Cake    pirate
27/03/2014 at 17:37

Hides in the corner

er yes dam those postie's

kk it's ofcom who regulate Which company is it? Some of them have agreements with us to leave at post offices if not possible to deliver the item.

27/03/2014 at 18:18

Speaking as a postie, not attempting to deliver something isn't really on, but putting stuff through the door without getting a signature and hiding stuff in bins, etc, is par for the course.

We have to deliver to around 200 more houses than 5 years ago.  Something has to give.......

27/03/2014 at 19:36

Also speaking as a postie the majority of us really do try our best. My pet hate is when you've stood and rang the bell, wrapped the letterbox and knocked loudly, nobody answers then you put the card through and walk away they then open the door and say I never heard you... yeh right but you heard a bit of paper hit the carpet!! 

27/03/2014 at 20:03

I live in London and I know my postie. And the one who delivers to the next street.

JvR
28/03/2014 at 00:23

Our post woman was lovely, really friendly and went out of her way to ensure we received a parcel. She's no longer our postie unfortunately.

Haven't actually seen our new postie yet so can't say what they are like. We have had some lovely posties so hopefully they'll be the same.

28/03/2014 at 10:54

The bin incident was a courier company, and the bins were lined up on the pavement to be collected, and not in the bin stores at the end of the block of flats.

I have to say that my current postie is brilliant and will leave things with neighbours, in the gas box, behind the shed, etc, and on my days off will stop for a chat and ask after the girls (he has a granddaughter who was born a few days after my oldest).  The postie who covers his holidays does things by the book, and leaves cards if we're out rather than leave parcels elsewhere, which is fair enough, but as we're in a very low crime area probably not necessary.

29/03/2014 at 13:20
Just been to post an envelope in the Post Office, had to get it weighed due to its size,

Post mistress is it valuable, because it will have to be registered in case we lose it ,

WTF, I hand it to you, you put it in the bag, your man puts it in his van etc....

What you mean is :-

You either don't trust your postmen
Or
You want to rip me off another 6 quid
29/03/2014 at 17:02
Or just stick a second class stamp on it

Don't see why I should have to pay if the post office don't think they can trust their staff, sorry state of affairs
Edited: 29/03/2014 at 17:03
29/03/2014 at 18:09

She wants to rip you off for 6 quid!!! Post office are different from royal mail and have their own targets etc to meet so simply trying to outsell a service. Stick a stamp on it making sure it's the right cost for size and weight. If you want a signature at the other end ask for 'signed for' it will cost approx £1.10 on top of the stamp price. 

29/03/2014 at 20:48

Dave- you're right, but you have to deal with things as they are, not how you'd wish them to be.  Bottom line, if you don't get it signed for, you haven't got a case if it goes missing.

30/03/2014 at 23:41

I'd quite like to be able to eat in restaurants and only pay the cost of the raw ingredients that make up my meal, however I have to also pay for the restaurants overheads and their profits.  Its an unfair world

1 to 20 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.