Do you enjoy your job?

1 to 20 of 48 messages
kittenkat    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:27

Given that (if you work full time) you spend a large percentage of your life there, how do you feel about it?

Oh and happy Friday!

11/01/2013 at 06:28

Of course, I love my job, or I wouldn't do it, and my Friday finishes at lunch

kittenkat    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:37
EKGO wrote (see)

Of course, I love my job, or I wouldn't do it, and my Friday finishes at lunch

You jammy Friday lunchtime finisher! (Actually I've got enough flexi to wipe my arse with so I might finish early).

11/01/2013 at 06:43

Ok you're on pub lunch Friday, Its great, I'm actually thinking about the weekend when I finish on Wednesday, these days

kittenkat    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:48

I can't finish that early! BUT, I got a M&S voucher from my tri club and I'm going to spend it all on food this afternoon on my way home.

11/01/2013 at 07:28

It like my job, close to home, pays well and the folk are nice (can blokes use the word "Nice"?) 

Finish early on a Friday so 7 hours time i am out of here.

11/01/2013 at 07:31
I really enjoy my job, it's the average 15 hours + a week commute that I dont enjoy.
11/01/2013 at 07:44

Self employed, keeping gardens tidy for old ladies. What could be better? 

100% control of everything to do with it. Total choice. 

Its not a job, its a working holiday. 

11/01/2013 at 07:57

also self employed, have some nice contracts with TV channels too so lots of perks.I get the odd annoying client (read: most) but they are annoying me whilst i work sat at home, feet up, coffee in hand watching (this week at least) Auf wiedersehen pet on tv :P
Cant really complain. 

11/01/2013 at 07:58

No.

11/01/2013 at 08:04
Running Kev wrote (see)
I really enjoy my job, it's the average 15 hours + a week commute that I dont enjoy.

My commute isn't pretty. If there's no traffic I can do it in half an hour, add traffic and it can take it to 1hr 20. This is why I get into work really early, I've been here for a while already.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/01/2013 at 08:08

I love my job

11/01/2013 at 08:14
fros t. the mouse wrote (see)

No.

Dare I ask why not? You don't have to answer that of course.

11/01/2013 at 09:24

Mostly it's perfectly OK, and I really don't mind it, but wouldn't go as far as to say I enjoy it.

Occasionally I do.  Sometimes I do IT training, and I do get a buzz from people saying things like "I didn't know you could do THAT - that's going to make my life so much  easier".  I love the "Oh!..." moments 

I do like the relaxed atmosphere, easy-going boss and great colleagues too.  I have a cushy job, really.  

K80
11/01/2013 at 09:36

Love my job but am about to go in and see our HR manager to ask to go on the redeployment list

It's far too stressful and I don't get any support

gingerfurball    pirate
11/01/2013 at 09:36

We're self employed - and my part of the job is really, really boring!!  I'm on my own a lot and have to fill in my own time a lot...but I do get to surf the interweb as much as I want and watch "tv" and read  - but it takes a lot of effort to go out of my head with bordom - my chair does go WHHHHEEEEEE though so that's not so bad

11/01/2013 at 09:39

its not like i wake up in the morning and really look forward to going to work (i mean if i could give up work i would), but honestly ive worked in a lot worse places, and the bosses are the nicest ive worked for, so all in all i will be very british and say 'musn't grumble'!

11/01/2013 at 11:15

Hmmm No. 

11/01/2013 at 11:25

I enjoy my work and the company of my colleagues but am increasingly disenchanted with a management that instead of supporting us is actively interfering and hindering.

Give it another year or two and I would happily take the redundy payout and leave.

11/01/2013 at 13:49

I have a lot of flexibility with my job and can basically dictate to my boss what I want to do.  But the systems they work to are awful and they cause a lot of problems.  It makes the job challenging and interesting when it is in balance, but very frustrating the rest of the time

1 to 20 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.