Do you feel uncomfortable or intimidated on this forum?

1 to 20 of 96 messages
08/03/2013 at 16:37

I can't tell you or the bullies will get me.

No to the thread title, yes to the other question.

I have no problem with it but i can imagine some of it might be intimidating to newcomers

08/03/2013 at 16:38

Yes, for they suppress my shows of goat love !

08/03/2013 at 16:40

No - but I haven't seen the goat love yet.

08/03/2013 at 16:41

I don't think this is an environment where I can be honest and open.

Because I made the mistake of signing up with my real name.

But I can be honest and open about lots of relatively non-controversial or employment or conflict of interesty related things.

Also also, I reserve the right to point out where someones spoken mind identifies that mind as lacking in some dangerous or offensive way. Such as mad racists, homophobes, people who prefer custard creams to Jaffa cakes, that sort of thing.

08/03/2013 at 16:47

I feel quite repressed on this forum.

08/03/2013 at 16:47

You can change your name if wanted.

08/03/2013 at 16:48

Personally - no - I don't.  But some posters have certainly tried very hard to make me feel that way.  

The worst offenders ( I think) are not here any more - or are in disguise.  But I have noticed a few newbies getting jumped on in a unnecessarily saracastic manner when they are just asking a question.

08/03/2013 at 16:51

Harrumph. If the forum software was a bit less crap there would have been a short clip off Youtube in my previous post with a Monty Python peasant.

You'll just to do it yourselves: "help help I'm being repressed".

08/03/2013 at 16:54
Cinders wrote (see)

You can change your name if wanted.

Mind=Blown

Also, Name=changed. And may be frequently. This is going to get very confusing.

08/03/2013 at 16:56
GymAddict wrote (see)

Personally - no - I don't.  But some posters have certainly tried very hard to make me feel that way.  

The worst offenders ( I think) are not here any more - or are in disguise.  But I have noticed a few newbies getting jumped on in a unnecessarily saracastic manner when they are just asking a question.

Tbh GA, thats not a new thing.  When I first registered on here 6 or 7 years ago as a complete novice I asked the usual newbie questions and was effectively thrown to the dogs by some bloke who had a stack of posts behind but little in the way of pleasantry.  As a result I headed over to Fetcheveryone for a good few years.  I do agree though that this kind of attitude does seem to be much more common lately, which is a shame.

08/03/2013 at 16:57

Eh?

08/03/2013 at 16:57

x post.

Sorry Nicky M, not sure what you mean?

08/03/2013 at 16:58

I don't feel intimidated by the forum. I'll be honest and open to an extent, but I don't see the need dress up being rude and mean to people as "honesty". I have some pretty rude and mean opinions about some topics/posts/posters and I don't want to make anyone cry  

08/03/2013 at 16:59
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)
GymAddict wrote (see)

Tbh GA, thats not a new thing.  When I first registered on here 6 or 7 years ago as a complete novice I asked the usual newbie questions and was effectively thrown to the dogs by some bloke who had a stack of posts behind but little in the way of pleasantry.  As a result I headed over to Fetcheveryone for a good few years.  I do agree though that this kind of attitude does seem to be much more common lately, which is a shame.

Must have been the same guy I came across. Who the hell was that? he was on about 157 threads at once. Seemed to regard the forum as his own personal territory.

KK you must know someone like that, chuck a few names I might recognise him.

Edited: 08/03/2013 at 17:01
08/03/2013 at 17:00
Cinders wrote (see)

x post.

Sorry Nicky M, not sure what you mean?

Don't tell anyone, because they'll think I'm an idiot, but I didn't know you could change your name. So after seeing your post, I went and changed my name. To Nicky McNamerson (I couldn't think of a nick name so it presented itself).

08/03/2013 at 17:02
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)
GymAddict wrote (see)

Oh god, there was one bint who was always doing that to me. In the end I PM-ed her and told her to stop answering my questions if she was going to ignore 90% of my original post and then use the remaining 10% as a basis for getting on her soap box about her pet peeves. She never replied and then I put her on ignore so I don't even know if she's still around  

08/03/2013 at 17:04

So, having change my name, it still calls me by my real name when you click into my profile, so that may not actually help.

08/03/2013 at 17:07
Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

So, having change my name, it still calls me by my real name when you click into my profile, so that may not actually help.

It doesn't when I click on your profile "Nicky", but you should be able to see all your profile details that aren't public

1 to 20 of 96 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.