21 to 40 of 128 messages
12/12/2008 at 10:17

Strange habit ... geddit?

Oh please yourself missus ...

12/12/2008 at 10:21
Muttley wrote (see)
I like to dress up as a nun.

LOL!

I have to check the hot tap is properly turned off before I leave the bathroom, even if I know I've already turned it as tight closed as it'll go (I did leave it running all night once).

I also have a tendency to swear at inanimate objects (computer, oven etc) if I make a mistake whilst using them...

When I chop vegetables I click my teeth in time to each chopping motion.

I also check every electrical appliance is switched off.  And it's the absolute kiss of death if I know I've switched something off and then my husband asks me if it's turned off.  I have to get up and check even if I remember already performing the switching-off procedure.

Same goes for packing stuff for a holiday etc - if someone asks me whether I've packed something, I have to unpack everything to make sure whatever it is was included in the packing.

Definitely borderline OCD.

Tommygun2    pirate
12/12/2008 at 10:23
I do the patting thing every morning, that is, season ticket wallet key phone all in diferent pockets. make it look like some kinda baverian dance.
12/12/2008 at 10:27
right sock always has to go on first and with running socks which are marked L & R I can almost guarantee that the 1st one I pick up is left which pisses me off no end..........
12/12/2008 at 10:29
OCD ALERT!
Tommygun2    pirate
12/12/2008 at 10:34

I reckon most people do the right sock/shoe first but does this depend on whether you are right or left handed.

The other thing I do which maybe a bit strange is that I alway try and sit on the train so I am going backwards it just feel better for some reason.  

gingerfurball    pirate
12/12/2008 at 11:13

I talk to my dog and ask her questions!  (She's great company!! but hasn't answered in words yet!)

I sing to the tunes on my ipod when I'm out walking/running.

We travel alot and even though I always keep all our passports in my handbag I take them out to check to see if they're there every single time.

Even though I have email confirmation of the hotels we're staying in I still phone them on the day to see if we're booked in.

12/12/2008 at 11:16
I talk to people on the internet
12/12/2008 at 11:17
... They're only answer if you type something, Beebs... just a tip (unless you're on Skype)
12/12/2008 at 11:18
well it works because you talked to me
12/12/2008 at 11:20

Nutcases the lot of you!

I talk to animals

and the TV

and my PC

and myself when I'm alone

12/12/2008 at 11:23

LP - I do something similar when chopping veg ... I count each chop!

I hate doing it and I don't know why I do it, it really annoys me - I don't want to know how many slices of carrot I have - I really don't!

But I still do it ....

12/12/2008 at 11:33

Oh, I feel so much better for reading this.  I feel almost normal

I have OCD.  I have to check my straighteners, oven, freezer, list goes on.  Had never previously thought about the hot tap but now it has been mentioned ......

I also check my floor in my gym as I have an underground pipe that I am convinced is leaking even though the plumber has told me that it is fine.  I am not convinced and after Christmas I am having a new overground pipe put in.  One less thing to obsess about... but I will find something new.  I am eyeing up a bit of lead on the roof to worry about next.

12/12/2008 at 11:39

Oh, and has anyone seen the film Clockwise with John Cleese?  That is me.   Things have to be done at a certain time.  You could set you watch by me.

Oh crikey, I really am saaaad

Edited: 12/12/2008 at 11:40
12/12/2008 at 11:40
That is a good film Shimmy
12/12/2008 at 11:40

I hope it is on this Christmas

12/12/2008 at 11:42

OMG I do that with the straighteners Shimmy Shimmy  - I have to touch the plates to make sure they are cool.

I tend to check my travelcard is in my pocket a lot too, but that's becaue I lost it once and had no end of hassle getting it replaced.

12/12/2008 at 11:49
I did that this morning and I hadn't even been using them
12/12/2008 at 11:50
I talk to myself when I'm working.  My colleagues keep reminding me that the PC isn't voice activated
12/12/2008 at 11:52

I can't have a number 2 with a long sleeve shirt on,

No idea why, or how this came about.

21 to 40 of 128 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.