Do you have any strange habits?

61 to 80 of 129 messages
12/12/2008 at 13:07
12/12/2008 at 13:07

I have to check under the car every morning before I leave for work... not sure what for

12/12/2008 at 13:09
Ever been in the forces Corinth?
12/12/2008 at 13:12
Yes... ah thats it!
12/12/2008 at 13:18
sheddy wrote (see)

My strangest habit (other than getting unecessarily nerdy in a light-hearted thread) is probably when pouring foostuffs out, like rice, pasta, cereal etc. No matter how much I pour out I always have to grab three or four bits and put them back in the packet. I cannot just pour, stop, put packet away, it just feels wrong!

Oh for feck's sake - I do that as well.
12/12/2008 at 13:20

And as well as clicking my teeth when I chop vegetables (LOL at *small* counting chops!) I also have a tooth-based 'internal drumkit' which I play complicated rhythms on when I'm distracted.

A hard, quick bite of the teeth is the kick drum, a scrape of the teeth is the snare (the cymbals have to be imaginary).

Edited: 12/12/2008 at 13:22
12/12/2008 at 13:27

Tracky the counting the cats thing is rather endearing actually.

12/12/2008 at 13:49

Steve Greengrass can't eat lasagne becuase it's all mixed up - I'm assuming you're not that bad Pud?

Mind you my OH eats one "section" at a time in order of niceness. Assuming  the meal is sausage, mash and peas it  will be all the peas first because they are most boring, then all the mash,  then all the sausages. 

12/12/2008 at 13:51

I've had to stop doing that as quite often I am full towards the end of the meal but I force myself to carry on as I have left my fave stuff till last. 

I now eat my fave first just in case.

12/12/2008 at 13:53
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Steve Greengrass can't eat lasagne becuase it's all mixed up - I'm assuming you're not that bad Pud?

Mind you my OH eats one "section" at a time in order of niceness. Assuming  the meal is sausage, mash and peas it  will be all the peas first because they are most boring, then all the mash,  then all the sausages. 

That's just odd, eating things in order of niceness.......
12/12/2008 at 13:56

I think so too Mister W.

I never realised it for a long time, then when I noticed I asked him and that's what he told me. 

12/12/2008 at 13:59

that's what i do - i always start with the peas, then carrots, potatoes, meat........

as for lasagne, i can eat that but have to scrape the meat sauce off the pasta sheets and eat them separately

casseroles are easy cos i pick out all the veg one type at a time !

12/12/2008 at 14:06

What I also do before I go to sleep is to check whether all cupboard doors and drawers are shut.

I talk to my sister's cat on the phone.

12/12/2008 at 14:11

I used to be the exact opposite - I used to only be able to eat meat if I had a bit of veg on the same fork at the same time.

I'm reasonably 'normal' in this respect these days, though - I can take bites of different combinations of things, or one thing at a time, quite happily.

I do, however, like everything visibly identifiable and separate on the plate (unless in a curry, stir-fry, pie, casserole or whetever) whereas my husband has this alarming habit of mixing everything together so it's a jumbled mess.  He mixes all the curry in with the rice, or he'll mix all the mash into the gravy etc.

I think this offends me purely cos I'm a bit of a foodie and like things to be presented reasonably well.

I though the cat-counting was quite cute too!

12/12/2008 at 14:11

I used to be the exact opposite - I used to only be able to eat meat if I had a bit of veg on the fork at the same time.

I'm reasonably 'normal' in this respect these days, though - I can take bites of different combinations of things, or one thing at a time, quite happily.

I do, however, like everything visibly identifiable and separate on the plate (unless in a curry, stir-fry, pie, casserole or whetever) whereas my husband has this alarming habit of mixing everything together so it's a jumbled mess.  He mixes all the curry in with the rice, or he'll mix all the mash into the gravy etc.

I think this offends me purely cos I'm a bit of a foodie and like things to be presented reasonably well.

I though the cat-counting was quite cute too!

12/12/2008 at 14:14

So good I just had to say it twice.

Stupid f*cking computer!  Stupid f*cking interweb!

12/12/2008 at 14:16
moomoo wrote (see)

I talk to my sister's cat on the phone.

I used to do that to my mum's cat too (when he was alive).  My mum's fault, of course - she was the one who encouraged it.
12/12/2008 at 14:17
My ex eats the food on his plate by category, first all the carrots, then the potatos, etc. He won't mix food types on his fork.
12/12/2008 at 14:20
I keep all my library books in the kitchen when I'm not reading them
12/12/2008 at 14:25

I sniff my fingers a lot....hand faces palm outwards and I sniff the tops of my fingers.....I have no idea why, I am clean and wash regularly but as you can imagine I get ribbed about it a lot. I've done it for so long I don't even know when I'm doing it. Or why.

I talk to my cats all the time. They know exactly what I'm saying but they can't reply, obviously......I have 3 and they're all brothers and are called Face, Murdoch and Mr T so I sing the A Team tune to get them to come in at night. I guess that's not a habit, just a quirky trait...

61 to 80 of 129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.