Do you have any strange habits?

101 to 120 of 129 messages
12/12/2008 at 19:40
Tsk LB! Just don't post a picture of it!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
12/12/2008 at 19:42

I can hear Johnny Blaze thinking "No, DO"......

12/12/2008 at 20:26
I can neither confirm nor deny that said photos would receive avid attention
12/12/2008 at 20:35

I like splitting hairs - literally

Give me a split end and I'm in heaven....

12/12/2008 at 22:02

I talk to my dog all the time and often sing to her.  My eldest son thinks I'm crazy especially when I change the words of songs to include my dogs name. 

My toast for breakfast has to be well done and then I let it go cold before putting the butter on it. 

12/12/2008 at 22:04

With you on the well done toast, SS - when I pop into the cafe next to work for my toast of a morning, they have to turn the smoke alarm off But buttered when it's hot.

Left shoe before right, every time - but I'm left handed, so maybe that's why?

12/12/2008 at 22:25

I like to eat peanut m+m's in colour order.

*runs off and hides before the men in white coats arrive*

12/12/2008 at 23:24
I like mushy peas straight out of the tin
12/12/2008 at 23:56
I like cottage cheese.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
13/12/2008 at 07:51
*steps away from the nutters*
13/12/2008 at 11:18
Sweetest Thing Thong Merrily on High wrote (see)

I like splitting hairs - literally

Give me a split end and I'm in heaven....

Aside from the tangles and the age it took to wash, dry and style it, that was one reason I had my hair cut short (earlier this year it was waist-length; now it's a jaw-length bob).

I ended up with permanent, rather sore, grooves and calluses in the tips of my index fingers from where I dug my nails in when I was splitting hairs!  The skin has more or less recovered nine months on, but is slightly scarred...

13/12/2008 at 11:41

At the risk of appearing a nutter.. 

I dislike the L and R on socks too - I put my left sock on first and if I pick up the one with R on it I feel it's a bad thing. I know it's only probability but if I get the L one it gives me a little lift  

I have to eat my vegetables first and in order of colour - so green veg is always first, followed by carrots etc. Potatoes are always last. So it's green veg, other veg, main bit, potato. Bit embarrassing eating out with other people, that.

I have to talk to myself for a few minutes before I go to sleep, I find it relaxes me. If I don't it takes me longer to nod off.

Not a habit, more of a phobia.. I have a problem with coathangers - don't like the plasticky ones because of the noise and I imagine them snapping. And as for the wire ones, I don't like to touch them as they feel funny <shudders> I'm ok with wooden ones.

<turns around three times and leaves the room>

13/12/2008 at 11:45
I always put left sock on first as well
13/12/2008 at 12:36
Cold mushy peas = Salford Tapas
Aitch!    pirate
13/12/2008 at 14:30
I HAVE to walk on the left of people. I feel very strange if I'm on the right. I've been like this for years and I've started to notice that it's like that in my dreams as well....

I eat sweets in colour order....

I have to click my left knee every time I drive....
13/12/2008 at 14:47
Aitch..... is your hearing better in your right ear?  That may be why you're more comfortable walking on the left of people, so you can hear them better.
13/12/2008 at 15:03

A hang-up from my nursing days - all the pillow case openings have to face in the right direction.

I only like red diaries.

Books have to go in height order on the shelf. Awkward if I've got one hardback in a series of paperbacks as then the author is out of line and the series isn't complete and sometimes there's a picture on the spines which grows as the series is completed and moving the hardback means the picture is disrupted and  and and and
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

13/12/2008 at 15:15
I always put on my right sock first.
I refuse to lend out my books
LIVERBIRD    pirate
13/12/2008 at 15:34

Good job you're not a librarian Moomoo!

13/12/2008 at 15:36
I bet she IS a librarian.....
101 to 120 of 129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.