Do you prefer long one or short ones?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
25/09/2002 at 10:13
Jon, I'm impressed that your flatmate has managed to stick with that horrible diet for so long (even the thought of a couple of days off carbs for a "deplete and load" pre-race regime makes me shudder) and even more impressed that you've managed to last the pace living with her. Is she noticeably healthier for it? She's had long enough to get results by now.

Distances...dunno, not done enough. I'm not fast and 5K seems hardly worth getting into running gear for, in training at least. Quite enjoyed 5 miles and 10K, and my maintenance circuit is 6.6 miles. Hated the one marathon I did, but was so badly prepared that I deserved the experience (I disimulate here - I had a fantastic time for the first 14 miles and would still have said that it was fun if it had ended at 18 miles). Looking forward to my first "half".

More distance, more tapering, more carbo-loading, yippee!
25/09/2002 at 10:19
V-Rap: The flat constantly smells of grease adn no she isn't any healthier!!!! Infact, she's started to put weight back on!
25/09/2002 at 10:40
Have you managed to refrain from saying that you knew you were right all along, Jon?

I got off lightly - two of my best friends started the Atkins diet, raved about it at first (cream in my coffee! bacon and eggs for breakfast!) then one got her first-ever injury in years of treadmill running and blamed the diet (abetted by her medical adviser, natch) and the other saw sense - at least, I assume she did, because last time we dined out together she was the one who suggested the pasta place.
25/09/2002 at 10:42
Hmmm... I discreetly left a collection of newspaper articles lying around but she just put them under the phone!
25/09/2002 at 10:48
Jon
Great way to shed your flat mate.
get snoop round. Give him free rein for the evening.
Come on snoop - babe to be snooped!

Hey - another new word - to snoop - close in on unsuspecting girlie.
25/09/2002 at 11:49
Just been to the loo and whoever was in before me must be on the Atkins diet because it smelt worse than my UTI-prone daughter's knickers on a bad day. Couldn't bear to swab the splashes on the seat for DNA testing, but I shall watch the medical students VERY carefully at lunchtime to see which of them has quiche with the pastry taken off and peels their Scotch eggs. Can't be the staff - they're doing "gluten-free" at the moment and pestering all the supermarkets for lists of gluten-free own brand foods. Silly girls!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.