Do you talk to your phone

6 messages
15/07/2012 at 22:21

Yes people talk into phones but have you got one of those annoying phones you can ask questions of ? Is so what questions do you ask it ?

A colleague has one and spent half the day asking what the weather was like before I snapped and told him to look out of the ffffing window !

Edited: 15/07/2012 at 22:22
15/07/2012 at 22:23

No I don;t have one that talks, but I certainly ask it questions.

"where the ****************** have you got to?" being the most frequent. 

15/07/2012 at 23:00

I don't really want a phone I can talk to. Am thinking of getting a new iphone but have heard they're replacing google maps with their version that uses Siri. I'd much rather type stuff in than talk to it, especially as I am mostly looking stuff up while out and about.

16/07/2012 at 06:51

I use handsfree in the car and talk to the phone through the car - does that count?

16/07/2012 at 08:13

I can do talk text on mine but ot interprets somethings a bit strange and I don't think I have that much of an accent so not sure how it would cope with the variety of accents in the english speaking world.

16/07/2012 at 09:31

@Catalin Bond - using Siri is an option.

As for talking to a phone - it's ridiculous.  It's pointless in almost all circumstances, and if there's a situation when you can't use your hands to operate a phone you shouldn't be operating a phone.

However, the Jelly Bean's VR stamps all over Siri.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.