http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVAEV8MG6-0

Was she pushed or did she walk?

09/04/2014 at 22:20

My MP's what?

09/04/2014 at 22:21

Wilkie, we need you here, now!

09/04/2014 at 22:32

David Cameron claims his MP are 'Good, honest and hard working'

If I said anything against The Governement, all of my threads would be removed. 

(Thanks to Runners World Management - I have been warned).

09/04/2014 at 22:58

do I trust my MP No, did I trust them last week / last year / last decade, nope! 

09/04/2014 at 23:01
Miss Jog wrote (see)

If I said anything against The Governement, all of my threads would be removed. 

(Thanks to Runners World Management - I have been warned).

What utter rubbish.  

09/04/2014 at 23:29
Warned but sadly still posting.
09/04/2014 at 23:33

MPs'  Expenses

University fees

Closures of hospitals/wards

The Government wants us to work up to 70 - 100 years

There's always a  story about a politician love triangle relationship

They want kids to go to State Schools and they send their  kids into Private Schools

Were not helpful when there was recent  floodings

Also they make  promises they can't keep.

Not to mention Wars

Edited: 09/04/2014 at 23:34
09/04/2014 at 23:46
What's your opinion on all of this Karen?
09/04/2014 at 23:50
09/04/2014 at 23:54
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
What's your opinion on all of this Karen?
I think that they all bunch of toffee nose tuffs who can't manage they own lives
I don't trust them!

Edited: 10/04/2014 at 00:02
10/04/2014 at 00:04

Scottish students don't pay university fees

100 years?  Based on what facts?

There's always a story about love triangles - everywhere

Welsh/Scottish/Cornish/Devon towns have been flooded regularly for over 50 years.  And got the fuck on with it.

Politicians and promises have never mixed.  Ever.

War is led by greed.  Greed is led by politics.  Politics is led by greed.

When are you actually going to read the facts about any of the things you post about?

10/04/2014 at 00:38

Generally speaking... yes, I do trust our MPs.  That Maria Miller comes across as an arrogant so-and-so though.

It's not healthy to have a political class that isn't answerable to investigative journalists.  But nor is it healthy to put everyone into a state of paranoia... and I think we're hounding our politicians too much now.  .

10/04/2014 at 06:48
I wish you were removed rather than just your threads Karen.
10/04/2014 at 08:27

Actually I can see a parallel here.

Like a lot of politicians do, Karen canvassed for opinions on whether she should continue posting or not, received a less than enthusiastic response and carried on regardless.

Karen Samuel, MP for Bromley?

Edited: 10/04/2014 at 08:28
10/04/2014 at 09:01

MPs'  Expenses

So become an MP (It has cost her, her job and salary as a cabinet minister)

University fees

Too many children go to university to study stupid subjects that have no real use in the real world

Closures of hospitals/wards

So vote against it

The Government wants us to work up to 70 - 100 years

Never seen any evidence of that

There's always a  story about a politician love triangle relationship

And no one in your office has ever played away (well they wouldn't with you would they)

They want kids to go to State Schools and they send their  kids into Private Schools

So send your kids to Private schools

Were not helpful when there was recent  floodings

And you expected to see Cameron driving JCB ?

Also they make  promises they can't keep.

You promise not to post crap, But you can't keep it

Not to mention Wars

Lets not then

10/04/2014 at 09:58

I think our MP's are probably as good a mix as the general population. I don't think they all put themselves forward for Parliament for the expenses or perks, that is just silly talk. They have foibles and make mistakes as anyone does but they have to understand that they are answerable to the public who pay them. Like the general population there will be some crooks!

Certainly I do believe that some are deliberately chosen by their parties as highly suitable candidates for top jobs but to my mind that is no different from any other profession. I honestly believe that choosing someone because of the school or university they went to just does not happen as the bottom line is personal capability to do the top job under public scrutiny.

10/04/2014 at 10:47

I don't quite agree with what you say about the public school connection Martenkay. So many top politicians have been to Eton or Harrow or Westminster Boy's School because those sort of establishments form a network that greases wheels. It'a a bit naive to think they don't

I do agree it's not quite that simple though. Anyone who wants to do into politics as a career will take the kind of courses that will help them do the job: Economics, PPE etc. It's no different to taking chemistry and becoming a chemist.

10/04/2014 at 11:01

Maybe those schools give people the training to become upstanding people.

I vaguely remember a chemist becoming Prime Minister

1 to 20 of 56 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.