Do you, would you... say anything in this situation?

41 to 45 of 45 messages
kittenkat    pirate
14/01/2013 at 16:53

Ok here's the update...

I managed to get away from work in time to pick thing 2 up from gym club today a bit early so I could just have a peek at what they were doing.

The were running up, squatting on the box and then a variety of jumps off. That bit was fine, what wasn't is that the mats were sideways after the box. Ok if the child lands properly but forward momentum and all that, if the plunged forward off their particular box, one group would fall into stacked benches, one into the table with the water cooler and the third, the wall.

So I went and told the head my concerns and brought him out to see. The instructor was unaware of this as we viewed from outside the window.

Also as the kids were jumping off the boxes the instructor should have been standing close and to the side to catch. He was at the other end of the hall.

The head is going to tackle it, I will now leave it to his diplomacy and need for safe practice. I think he will handle it in a way that doesn't dent the confidence of the instructor.

kittenkat    pirate
14/01/2013 at 16:56

Oh and I did say to the head how the hall could have been set up safely for the same activity. There isn't much room in there but it is possible.

kittenkat    pirate
14/01/2013 at 16:56

dropped a y

14/01/2013 at 17:52

Good stuff.
Although I wouldn't bother about denting the instructers confidence too much.
He has a responsibility to the kids and was from what you've said not being responsible. A kick up the backside might do him good.

kittenkat    pirate
14/01/2013 at 17:54

Yeah, the coaches are really young and I think that they should have a boss who makes sure they are safe.

Also they're giving BAGA awards out to the kids like they're sweets.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.