Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

21 to 40 of 237 messages
seren nos    pirate
29/04/2013 at 20:58

i really think you have gone OTT on this one...virtually everyone is up in arms with the time......the club are not trying to state that she has got a PB.I think you are accusing someone of cheating without any reason whatso ever.......

in the other one there was definitely some reasonable doubt.....but to do this thread when just about every chip time is fucked up and the person hasn't claimed anything herself is wrong

29/04/2013 at 21:08

If only you put thisamount of effort, time and care into something you cared about rather than some sidey bitching, you'd prob be doing alright. For example, your marathon training. How's that going? 

29/04/2013 at 21:16

Reported.

29/04/2013 at 21:17

I didn't know the Stasi had a branch in Australia. You're doing yourself no credit and perhaps you might also like to reflect that there is also a libel law in this country. You're on dangerous ground and this thread won't last another 24 hours, I'd bet.

29/04/2013 at 21:20
seren nos wrote (see)

i really think you have gone OTT on this one...virtually everyone is up in arms with the time......the club are not trying to state that she has got a PB.I think you are accusing someone of cheating without any reason whatso ever.......

in the other one there was definitely some reasonable doubt.....but to do this thread when just about every chip time is fucked up and the person hasn't claimed anything herself is wrong

Ive not accused anyone of cheating, have a read, I have merely printed some facts which are in the public domain. How those facts came to be, who knows ...... maybe the timings are all buggered as the thread for Manchester seems to indicate.

At least you acknowledged that the other one which was VERY blatant. It was pretty obvious what happened there.

29/04/2013 at 21:21
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I didn't know the Stasi had a branch in Australia. You're doing yourself no credit and perhaps you might also like to reflect that there is also a libel law in this country. You're on dangerous ground and this thread won't last another 24 hours, I'd bet.

Hardly I have not said anything that isnt in the public domain. I have merely printed a bunch of co-incidences. What anyone infers from that is up to them.

Lets face it, we are talking about running here, not revealing state secrets. Get a grip.

29/04/2013 at 21:25

what do you gain by writing this sort of shite? Sort yourself out!

29/04/2013 at 21:26

Passes the time really ...... do you want to talk about 8 minute splits versus 8 minute 20 splits instead????

29/04/2013 at 21:28

There is a difference between something being in the public domain for anyone to see, and digging about in race listings to publish  inferences that you then wash your hands of. It's a passive thing to look for your results, quite pro-active to post the results and profiles of two people on a well-read running website.

You're not fooling anyone, you're just a shit-stirrer, but a bit gutless with it.

29/04/2013 at 21:33

I don't mind this thread as much as the last one because it doesn't involve insinuations of dishonesty coming up as the first google result for someone's real name. Still can't see why you want to do it, though. Report them to the race organisers if you care, don't do anything about it if you don't.

On the subject of running, how did your long run go yesterday?

29/04/2013 at 21:37
seren nos wrote (see)

literatin wrote (see)

Still can't see why you want to do it, though. Report them to the race organisers if you care, don't do anything about it if you don't.

On the subject of running, how did your long run go yesterday?

Because its interesting to see different ways in which you could get away with cheating. Hell if I knew of a 100% way of knocking a few miles off in the Neolithic, I would do it just to be funny and see the look of surprise when Im posting a 3 hour run

I won't be reporting them because I dont care enough ...... like I didnt report the previous one and that one was BLATANT!

Yesterday did an 8 mile run only ........ haha, I havent run 13 miles since Reading, yet Im supposed to be running 26 miles in less than a week.

Could be interesting!

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 21:37
29/04/2013 at 21:38

Not sure how you track these down but this one is definitely dodgy... Hasn't managed less than 30mins in a parkrun and then gets sub 3:30 in a marathon. No wonder VLM are having to reduce the GFA entries.

29/04/2013 at 21:49
Good work DF3. If people abuse the GFA system then it will withdrawn and the Poohbears of the world will be the winners.
29/04/2013 at 21:52

LOL sussex ....... Im guessing Toby3 still isnt talking to you?

K80
29/04/2013 at 22:13
Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

Yes, particularly when the photographer's my husband. He got just about every other runner in a recent 10k.

29/04/2013 at 22:17

K80, he probably just wasn't expecting you to be going past him so early!

29/04/2013 at 23:35

Looks like DF3 has broken the Run Britain site now. Or the marathon has, as many appear not to believe the official results anymore. Wonder whar could have gone so monumentally wrong. Was it only chip timed or was there a bloke with pen and paper as well? 

I know someone who was laughing at there 2 hr PB last night.

cougie    pirate
30/04/2013 at 00:48
They're very unlucky.
Baggage issues last year.
Timing issues this year.
Lucky third time eh ?
30/04/2013 at 05:59

DF3 appears to only have reported some facts. 

Don't shoot the messenger.

30/04/2013 at 06:29

Surely the issue is WHO he as reported his facts too? If he wasseriously about bringing this to people's attention - wouldn't you report it to the race organisers and let them investigate? Innocent untilproven guilty and all that. 

21 to 40 of 237 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.