Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

21 to 40 of 212 messages
29/04/2013 at 21:38

Not sure how you track these down but this one is definitely dodgy... Hasn't managed less than 30mins in a parkrun and then gets sub 3:30 in a marathon. No wonder VLM are having to reduce the GFA entries.

29/04/2013 at 21:49
Good work DF3. If people abuse the GFA system then it will withdrawn and the Poohbears of the world will be the winners.
K80
29/04/2013 at 22:13
Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

Yes, particularly when the photographer's my husband. He got just about every other runner in a recent 10k.

29/04/2013 at 22:17

K80, he probably just wasn't expecting you to be going past him so early!

29/04/2013 at 23:35

Looks like DF3 has broken the Run Britain site now. Or the marathon has, as many appear not to believe the official results anymore. Wonder whar could have gone so monumentally wrong. Was it only chip timed or was there a bloke with pen and paper as well? 

I know someone who was laughing at there 2 hr PB last night.

cougie    pirate
30/04/2013 at 00:48
They're very unlucky.
Baggage issues last year.
Timing issues this year.
Lucky third time eh ?
30/04/2013 at 05:59

DF3 appears to only have reported some facts. 

Don't shoot the messenger.

30/04/2013 at 06:29

Surely the issue is WHO he as reported his facts too? If he wasseriously about bringing this to people's attention - wouldn't you report it to the race organisers and let them investigate? Innocent untilproven guilty and all that. 

kittenkat    pirate
30/04/2013 at 06:54

Jeez... Go and get laid, all of you. NOW!

30/04/2013 at 06:57

Was that an offer ? 

kittenkat    pirate
30/04/2013 at 07:16

Well I've got out of bed on the wrong side, but my grumpy sex is quite good.

seren nos    pirate
30/04/2013 at 07:35

DF3

have you actually thought there are no race photos because the lady decided it was unwise to run on an injury and didn't sctually take part.........

Manchester chip timing is recording times for people who have not actually ran.

if you had set up athread with a title of 101 ways to cheat GFA and just said number 1 give the chip to someone else  nad carried on from there fine....

or if you had set up a thread about how manchester chip cockup is gpoing to have an effect on GFA and the chances are all times will be null and void on the power of 10 like cardiff half was a couple of years ago fine.

But no.you needed to give a link to photo and details of a woman who has not made a single claim to getting this time.on her club or her facebook page etc.....she like many thousands of runners are probably trying to get Manchester to sort out the times......

those like her who and a club mate who have miraculously got a massive PB are laughing with their mates at the results not trying to do a fast one.

those who have got a result way slower are cursing the=at their massive PB's might not be recognised unless its sorted....

just because its possible to get information its doesn't mean its right to ridicile and have a go at someone on a public forum on here......

where do you stop.....find a newspaper article about someone who was raped 10 years ago and put it on here asking did they really get the verdict right or was she just asking for it......its in the public domain so can be discussed 

kittenkat    pirate
30/04/2013 at 07:42

seren, the getting laid comment is aimed at you too. If you don't agree with it, why the hell are you feeding it? Drama survives from prolonging and enciting drama.

Important this Internet shit isn't it!

30/04/2013 at 08:01
Of course the guilty pair are innocent until we inevitably prove their that they did it.
30/04/2013 at 08:02

I for one welcome these sort of threads.
DF3 has obtained some facts and put them out in the public domain.
So whether its cheating (unlikely), or Manchester afflicted with crappy chips, or Run Britain being not particularly good at processing their data then I'm all for a bit of stress testing the system.

Seren - I didn't notice DF3 ridiculing or having a go at someone. Presented facts that we can intepret our own way. I repeat, there is clearly an issue with the chips and yes, she probably is laughing with her mates, so why are you spitting feathers?

seren nos    pirate
30/04/2013 at 08:08

because he gives her deatils etc and her times..and then he makes a post about how easy it would be to get a good for age time giving your chip to someone else and making comments that there are no photos of her........

which to me is saying that he believes that she gave the chip to her husband or some guy to run for her to cheat.......

despite knowing that the manchester chips are all fucked up.

sorry but I would hate tofind out that people on an internet forum ios calling me acheat.......he has only singled her out when there are hundreds of results like that......

either list them all or list none of them....

one thing to laugh with your mqates about a cock up and another to have people on a public running forum calling you a cheat.......

which is what all his comments amount to 

if they were celebs/ politicians in the public arena then fair enough but i realy think its uncalled for to link to someone timer and info.

this could have been discussed without trying to pick on one individual.....

30/04/2013 at 08:08
Maybe the chips didn't work in Manchester because they covered them in gravy.
seren nos    pirate
30/04/2013 at 08:12

if you look at the results for mahcester and put in a common surname like williams...you will find that adjoining numbers are given the same times.......

there are 4 williamns finishing at the same time .and lots of them that seemed to run as pairs......

look at any one surname and see how many people must have been running hand in hand........

its one major cock up.......and i think if the reulsts are looked at then an apology is in order

seren nos    pirate
30/04/2013 at 08:14

in fact there are so many runners with the smae surname who finished ho;lding hands and with numbers in a row they should contact the guniess book of world records because they are several under every surname

30/04/2013 at 08:16

Seren, that's absolutely true.

I just typed in the name "Jones" and lots of them were holding hands too.

21 to 40 of 212 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.