Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

41 to 60 of 186 messages
30/04/2013 at 08:31

Perhaps this thread should be retitled: "Don't you hate it when you think you've uncovered a conspiracy only to find out it was a universal chip timing problem all along?"

30/04/2013 at 08:37

For a guy who proudly states he works in IT, it seems his search skills let him down this time. I would have thought that a man with his immense IT skills would have been able to do just a few seconds more digging to make it blatantly obvious he was barking up the wrong tree.

30/04/2013 at 08:39

Can we go back to getting laid ?

seren nos    pirate
30/04/2013 at 08:39
Big_G wrote (see)

For a guy who proudly states he works in IT, it seems his search skills let him down this time. I would have thought that a man with his immense IT skills would have been able to do just a few seconds more digging to make it blatantly obvious he was barking up the wrong tree.

no DF3 is a conspiracy theorist.........he would never admit he was wrong......it just shows that the cheating he has uncovered is much more wide spread than he first realised.........couldn't possibly be an IT problem.....we know that they are all perfect....

30/04/2013 at 08:40
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Seconded.

Absolutely not Screampillar because they would be prejudicing the outcome of this inquiry. An open title and presenting the facts fairly allows people to make their own minds up.
Pudge    pirate

I think all the talk of IT has killed the mood...

30/04/2013 at 08:41

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Absolutely not Screampillar because they would be prejudicing the outcome of this inquiry. An open title and presenting the facts fairly allows people to make their own minds up.

Why am I hearing Tony Blair's voice in my head?

30/04/2013 at 08:51

I know someone on this thread who claimed they ran Reading HM, yet there was not one photo from the official photographer. How did that work out DF3. Oh I remember now, you were wearing your woolly cardy over your race number.   So there are many genuine reasons for the official photographer to miss your day out on the course.

That better not be repeated this weekend, otherwise it will look a little suspect.

Carry on Philip Marlowe.

30/04/2013 at 08:55

Manchester timings are a complete F*** up and I doubt it can be corrected, too much to do, and who would trust the outcome, also it was an easy race for people to cheat, being an out and back

seren nos    pirate
30/04/2013 at 09:08
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Also the difference being is that her splits had her by her husbands side the whole time, yet in 23 photos, not a trace of her (in fact there was not a shot of any woman in any of the shots of this guy).

the difference is that she was one of hundreds who were allocated the time and splits of someone who had the adjoining number to theirs..Not a one off .

but you ain't big enough to admit that you failed to notice it are you.......Funny that it was a woman you picked on again David.....scared that if you had picked on one of the hundreds of blokes affected by this thye might have landed you one.

30/04/2013 at 09:08
Once again it seems that one or even two strange occurrences can be put down to an anomaly but being missed 23 times, the same person in the photo, the same person out,both with identical splits. That's more difficult to swallow.
30/04/2013 at 09:10
I think there was a pair involved in this controversy. He is as much in the spotlight, if not more than her.
seren nos    pirate
30/04/2013 at 09:11

sussex...maybe they didn't run....the chip is giving times for people who didn't run.usually just the time of the person next to you....have you actually going to look at the results or just be the faithful sidekick and stick by your man whatever the evidence says

30/04/2013 at 09:16
So if he didn't run. Who is the guy in the photo with his number on and why is a time recorded under his name. A time and a photo? How much gravy did they spill on those chips to make them do that?
30/04/2013 at 09:21

On the PhilPub modeling front DF3,  make sure you don't get a call up to model XEMPO's new T-Shirt colour. They are bringing out a DNF one and will be looking for a model from this weekends races. Down to you now Sir.

30/04/2013 at 09:32

The problem now is that although there is an almighty f-up (for that is what I think it was), the results will , in all probability, not be corrected on power of 10, run britain etc. Which goes to show that those sites are , at best, just a reasonable level of ranking, but by no means any way definitive.
I'll repeat the point, anything that stress tests timings, rankings, and (if proven) manipulators, then so much the better.

30/04/2013 at 10:07

Anyone see the prick on BBC who stops just before the timing mats looking at his big fancy watch?  Obviously hadn't got satellites and gets in everyone's way.  I have pushed incorrectly positioned slow people over for less.

30/04/2013 at 10:11
Toro wrote (see)

Anyone see the prick on BBC who stops just before the timing mats looking at his big fancy watch?  Obviously hadn't got satellites and gets in everyone's way.  I have pushed incorrectly positioned slow people over for less.

On the Eurosport coverage of this years Paris marathon some twat at the start runs straight into the fixed camera alongside the start line as he is looking down messing around with his watch.....

30/04/2013 at 10:19

ha ha ha!

A London Marathon steward actually commented on me wearing a footpod and referred me to the UKA rules regarding pacing and electronic devices... I stated I'm sure the big GARMIN stand at the Expo would've appreciated that!

41 to 60 of 186 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.