Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

101 to 120 of 212 messages
Pudge    pirate
30/04/2013 at 13:21
ghost of kittenkat wrote (see)
What about kats, what rights do we have?

Anything that can so smugly lay a shit in a complete stranger's garden, has no rights at all.

30/04/2013 at 13:22

Dustin, maybe there is an element of double standards but even you can see that threads about "famous people" play out differently to a thread like this.

Mr X will get accused of something, someone will starts a thread about it, there will be some speculation and probably a lot of tasteless jokes. 

Those allegations are in the pubic domain, under investigation by the relevant authorities and not subject to influence by any of us. And in any case celebrities know their every move is being scrutinised, so they know they need to be careful what they say and do.

Compare that to making insinuations about complete strangers, that have no way to know that someone is looking through and discussing information about them and no way of defending themselves against it. And the fact that in this case we can actually to do something about it i.e. inform the race organisers.

It's more small scale, more personal, more intrusive and, therefore less acceptable.

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 13:37
30/04/2013 at 13:36
Pudge wrote (see)

Anything that can so smugly lay a shit in a complete stranger's garden, has no rights at all.

What's wrong, I wipe.

30/04/2013 at 13:38

The tabby from over the road has just got a kick as it scrambled over the fence after I caught it digging up our veg garden 

30/04/2013 at 13:39

Screamy - definitely double standards...after all why make a comment about Danny Dyer? Wouldn't it be best to just ignore that thread?

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 13:39
30/04/2013 at 13:39
Pudge wrote (see)

What's wrong, I wipe.

... you bum along the grass like a dog with worms?

30/04/2013 at 13:40

Better tell Danny ( who ever he is ) that Screamy is slagging him off 

30/04/2013 at 13:41
JMopper wrote (see)
Pudge wrote (see)

What's wrong, I wipe.

My grandad's dog used to do that - on the carpet 

30/04/2013 at 13:45

Wilkie wrote (see)
JMopper wrote (see)
Pudge wrote (see)

What's wrong, I wipe.

My grandad's dog used to do that - on the carpet 

I believe the technical term is 'yachting' something to do with a dog trying to remove the barnacles from its keel perhaps (cheers Viz)

30/04/2013 at 13:57
Dustin wrote (see)

Screamy - definitely double standards...after all why make a comment about Danny Dyer? Wouldn't it be best to just ignore that thread?

Yes, fair enough, but see how that thread started (an appearance on the TV by someone who wants to be on the TV) and how it plays out. It's not someone looking up information on random strangers and discussing it. That's the difference. But, as I said before if you don't see it, you don't see it.

But anyway, another person stalking my posts. Two in one day. I must be fascinating....Jeez...

30/04/2013 at 13:58
In response to me stalking Screampillars post on another thread I would like to defend myself solely by not knowing wtf she is talking about. Did I miss something?
30/04/2013 at 14:00
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
In response to me stalking Screampillars post on another thread I would like to defend myself solely by not knowing wtf she is talking about. Did I miss something?

Scream intothe pillow must have been dreaming about you 

30/04/2013 at 14:04

sorry to burst your ego bubble screamy but I'm not stalking your posts, I just looked at the top 3 or 4 threads, had a look and noticed your hypocritical double standards.
I don't give a monkeys about Danny Dyer, so feel no need to post on that thread

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 14:04
30/04/2013 at 14:05

Jesus you lot are really stuck in the playground.

Screampillar - you are totally right. 

30/04/2013 at 14:05
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Oh and Bob - getting someone else to do your dirty work for you? Nice.

Dirty work? 

I spotted an inconsistency / glaring error that has since been corrected. Anyone who signs up for a monthly prize competition where winners are determined by results that appear against their own name are opening those results up to scrutiny.

Looks like in this case the person in question is more likely to be an innocent victim of a cock up, than the clear case of cheating that DF3 unearthed a few weeks back.

Nevertheless, if I was looking at this lass's result with scepticism last night, you can bet that there were plenty of others who were doing the same - indeed, it has been mentioned on another thread already.

The fact that this thread has appeared probably had nothing to do with the correction of the result, but however the result did come to be corrected, the fact now is that the runner in question will no longer have other people looking suspiciously at her result, and is now effectively cleared both on runbritain and on here.

Should it have been debated on here? Well, that's rather more of a grey area perhaps, but the swiftly corrected result in this case is not matched by the two clearly bullstink results that are still credited to the Brighton / Paris runner, and whilst she and her club might currently refuse to acknowledge or correct those results, at least the truth is actually out there and known by many.

In my opinion, both cases were therefore worth looking into and debating.

30/04/2013 at 14:11
"Screampillar you are totally right" are you trying to wind us all up Kaffeeg?
30/04/2013 at 14:21
Dustin wrote (see)

sorry to burst your ego bubble screamy but I'm not stalking your posts, I just looked at the top 3 or 4 threads, had a look and noticed your hypocritical double standards.
I don't give a monkeys about Danny Dyer, so feel no need to post on that thread

I refer you to my previous post. If you still can't see the difference I'm not going through it again. Bored now frankly.

But pleased that at least Kafeeg seems to get what I'm on about.

Big_Bad_Bob wrote (see)

In my opinion, both cases were therefore worth looking into and debating.

Looking into - yes. Debating - no. You think find an anomaly, you report it and leave it at that. 

The only people that need to know are the people who are affected (ie the race participants) not the whole bloody running community. Organisers are perfectly capable of disqualifying and moving people up a place if they need to. Why can't we leave them to it?

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 14:22
30/04/2013 at 14:27

Sussex - wind you up? Looks like I have. Result. 

K80
30/04/2013 at 14:27
Wilkie wrote (see)

Like Dustin, I had no idea there was an issue with the timings until I read it on here.

I don't see why the thread should be cazzed.  There were and are issues, why shouldn't they be talked about?

DF3 hasn't actually accused anyone of cheating, just drawn attention to an issue.  Other people have drawn their own conclusions.

People who don't like his threads can always not read them - but I guess that's not nearly as much fun as working up a lather about how outrageous it all is.

I have a girl crush on Wilkie - she is the voice of reason 

30/04/2013 at 14:28
I really don't get how referring to another thread on this thread is considered stalking. How very emotional.
101 to 120 of 212 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.