Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

121 to 140 of 212 messages
30/04/2013 at 14:30
K80. Yes I think Phil and Wilkie are like the Head Boy and Head Girl of the forum.
30/04/2013 at 14:32

I wasn't even made a prefect in my school cos they said I was too small!

30/04/2013 at 14:33
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Big_Bad_Bob wrote (see)

In my opinion, both cases were therefore worth looking into and debating.

Looking into - yes. Debating - no. You think find an anomaly, you report it and leave it at that. 

The only people that need to know are the people who are affected (ie the race participants) not the whole bloody running community. Organisers are perfectly capable of disqualifying and moving people up a place if they need to. Why can't we leave them to it?

Are they though? In this case, they were.

In the other case, despite being reported to both race organisers and the runner's club, the result(s) still stand, and they are continued to be claimed as genuine when they blatantly aren't.

If someone has nothing to hide, there's no need to fear an open debate, as might well be the situation in this case.

K80
30/04/2013 at 14:34

Blimey Phil, do you get notified when your name is posted?

2 minutes that took.

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 14:35
30/04/2013 at 14:38

I appear to be on one of my many tea breaks, and I'm a bit of a multi-thread stalker. 

30/04/2013 at 14:42

Big Bad Bob, not only do you have a great name but from your posts on other threads you seem a decent bloke. However, it does seem a bit weird that you saw an unusual result and rather than go to the organiser, you went to................................... DF3 

30/04/2013 at 14:43

But you see Bob, if someone is presented with the "evidence" against them they can defend themselves, and none of the people referred to on either thread has been. 

Hardly an open debate, wouldn't you agree?

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 14:43
30/04/2013 at 14:51

David - I could see you setting up some kind of Aussie help line to help solve people problems. O wait I see in that lager advert you already have. Nice work.

30/04/2013 at 14:55
kaffeeg wrote (see)

Jesus you lot are really stuck in the playground.

Constipation, sorry!

30/04/2013 at 14:58

Anyway KK when are RW going to print another picture of you in the magazine. I have used that picture so many times over the years I can no longer open that page

30/04/2013 at 15:05
Maxpower North West wrote (see)

Big Bad Bob, not only do you have a great name but from your posts on other threads you seem a decent bloke. However, it does seem a bit weird that you saw an unusual result and rather than go to the organiser, you went to................................... DF3 

I was about to leave work, and I didn't have 'enough' to go to the race organisers myself at that point otherwise I would have done. DF3, however, had already shown both the inclination and some flair for digging into this sort of thing. I neither invited him nor discouraged him from making public what I'd stumbled upon and he went on to further uncover. 

I didn't really give it any more thought than that to be honest, and whilst I exchanged a couple more PMs with him later in the evening, I didn't even realise these threads existed until just before I went to bed last night. Have to confess I do find the moral outrage and feather spitting quite amusing though. 

Thanks for your other comments. 

30/04/2013 at 15:09

This really is the site for moral outrage

30/04/2013 at 15:10

But you see Bob, if someone is presented with the "evidence" against them they can defend themselves, and none of the people referred to on either thread has been. 

Really?

You think after what they were presented with, the Brighton/Paris runner's club wouldn't have actually raised the issue with her?

You're bonkers!

30/04/2013 at 15:13

This really is the site for moral outrage

Sure is! Makes the day go by. 

30/04/2013 at 15:28
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Screamapillar also posts on the Daily Mail site and signs off everything with 'Outraged, Tunbridge Wells'

You'll be in trouble !!!

(An English man would have known it's ROYAL Tunbridge Wells.......)

30/04/2013 at 15:38
Big_Bad_Bob wrote (see)

Really?

You think after what they were presented with, the Brighton/Paris runner's club wouldn't have actually raised the issue with her?

You're bonkers!

What about the current case?  The one you've been involved with on this thread.

The evidence you uncovered looked highly suspicious - and for a while, I was sure that you'd found some cheating.  But I would NEVER have named the individuals in the OP - just in case.I'd missed something.

And indeed it has since turned out that it is highly unlikely that there was any wrongdoing whatsoever.  So these people's names have been dragged through the mud unnecessarily.

If you think it's ok to RISK dragging innocent people's names through the mud, then it's you who's bonkers!

30/04/2013 at 16:04

Run Wales. In this case, within a few hours of the thread being opened, the error has been corrected, so the runner has no need to defend herself.

In descending order of likelihood, it therefore must be one of: -

1.) It was corrected independently, the runner is none the wiser and her name is now clear anyway.

2.) The runner was contacted, she was mystified and explained she'd never run the race.

3.) The runner was contacted and admitted, er...it's a fair cop, guv.

I'm sorry, but I don't share your sensitivity over this stuff. Are you suggesting that DF3 is such an evil bogeyman that I should not have drawn his attention to data that was already in the public domain?

Inconsistencies were found, they were highlighted, and if, as seems probable, the runner here is an innocent victim of a technology cock-up, why do you feel their name been dragged through the mud?

Seems to me that it is only those who are finding themselves lost in their own moral outrage that have that perception.

30/04/2013 at 16:15
Big_Bad_Bob wrote (see)

Really?

You're bonkers!

Clubs or organisers raising the issue with individuals is as it should be. But the issue being "raised" on here without the person/s present is not. If you can't see the difference I suggest it's you who's bonkers.
You seem not to have considered that it may well be that the query has been raised and discussed and an explanation given and accepted. If the organisers and the club are satisfied with it then I'm afraid what anybody else thinks is now irrelevent. 
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Screamapillar also posts on the Daily Mail site and signs off everything with 'Outraged, Tunbridge Wells'

You post on the Daily Mail site. I don't.

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 16:15
30/04/2013 at 16:21
kaffeeg wrote (see)

Jesus you lot are really stuck in the playground.

Screampillar - you are totally right. 

Anyway KK when are RW going to print another picture of you in the magazine. I have used that picture so many times over the years I can no longer open that page

I have a spot of mange at the moment.

30/04/2013 at 16:27

Let's put it another way for you people that seem to think this sort of stuff is all right:

I think a work colleague has been fiddling the books (got a dodgy time in a race). Do I raise the issue with his manager (his running club)? Do I contact higher management anonymously (the race organisers)? Do I confront him with it and hear what he has to say? Or do I post my "evidence" on a public forum and invite endless speculation?

Still think it's OK?

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 16:28
121 to 140 of 212 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.