Dont you hate when you smash your PB and the photographer misses you ...

1 to 20 of 237 messages
29/04/2013 at 20:20

Not only that but your husband who entered the race with you and has a consecutive race number to your own is in the race, posts a time only 1 second difference to your own after an entire marathon, and posting split times that are virtually identical, yet somehow in 23 photos taken by the photographer, he missed you completely, almost as though you were never there!

http://www.runbritainrankings.com/runners/profile.aspx?athleteid=372267

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/photo.py?event=Sports/CPUK/2013/Greater%20Manchester%20Marathon&photo=LESG1209&bib=6074

Time and split of the protaganist:

http://www.racetecresults.com/MyResults.aspx?CId=38&RId=421&EId=1&AId=103189

Time and split of someone who had a consecutive number to the protaganist, has the same last name and posted the same split times (give or take one second) for the entire duration of the race.

http://www.racetecresults.com/MyResults.aspx?CId=38&RId=421&EId=1&AId=184179

p.s I was supplied this tip from someone else, if they want to make themselves known Im happy to confirm, otherwise mums the word

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 20:21
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
29/04/2013 at 20:22

God you must be bored 

29/04/2013 at 20:26

Maybe so, but I know someone who has just qualified for a London GFA if they so wish.

The rest of us will just have to put some hard work in instead.

29/04/2013 at 20:30

You mean you will..... Some of us couldn't give a toss about VLM 

29/04/2013 at 20:31

Jesus Christ. What have these random people done to you?

Wouldn't this level of stalking be grounds for an injunction?

29/04/2013 at 20:35

Bloody hell. That is some stalking Degree you got there DF.  

seren nos    pirate
29/04/2013 at 20:35

DF3.it is universal knowledge that the manchester marathon timings and cghips are all fucked up......

some people are showing 20 minutes quicker.others are showing 30 mins slower......

the organisers must be trying to sort them and until they do i can't imagine London will accept any of them.......

so it does seem to prove that chips can go wrong.......

so not sure why you are bringing one up....its a major cockup......not just one person messing up

29/04/2013 at 20:36

Yeah, I hate it when that happens to me, too. I guess you've got your plan for the Neolithic now, though, if Jindalee will co-operate.

29/04/2013 at 20:36
kaffeeg wrote (see)

Jesus Christ. What have these random people done to you?

Wouldn't this level of stalking be grounds for an injunction?

They have done nothing to me. In fact good luck to them, I really couldnt care less if they cheated nor if they use that to gain entry to the VLM or whatever else. Hence why Ive not and have no intention of reporting them.

However if you wish to join a running club and put yourself out there, then youve kind of dug your own grave really. In fact I would have more respect for these people if they werent members of a running club, because then I could put it down to just having a go at circumventing the system for a laugh.  But they join a running club and I seem to remember being told that no-one cheats in a running a club because you get kicked out and all sorts of harsh penalties yet it seems to go on with some regularity.

No wonder the VLM has to keep tightening their times with so many people posting PB's this year.

cougie    pirate
29/04/2013 at 20:38
Can't see the links on my phone are we saying that two chips may have been on one runner ? If so dq them both. I've no time for cheats.
29/04/2013 at 20:40
seren nos wrote (see)

DF3.it is universal knowledge that the manchester marathon timings and cghips are all fucked up......

some people are showing 20 minutes quicker.others are showing 30 mins slower......

the organisers must be trying to sort them and until they do i can't imagine London will accept any of them.......

so it does seem to prove that chips can go wrong.......

so not sure why you are bringing one up....its a major cockup......not just one person messing up

The chips being f..ed up doesnt explain why both sets of chips took off at the same time (give or take a second), finished at the same time, posted the same splits and also why its logical given all of that, and the fact they have consecutive numbers and the same last name .......... that the photographer would have captured the two of them in a shot at some stage, yet somehow he misses her.

Also her previous times were around the 6 hour mark ....... now its 3 hours 23 ....... coincidentally 1 second behind her hubbys time ........ well I spose people win the Euromillions and there is only a 1 in 84 million chance of that occuring.

29/04/2013 at 20:41
cougie wrote (see)
Can't see the links on my phone are we saying that two chips may have been on one runner ? If so dq them both. I've no time for cheats.

Cougie the time started off with one second difference, then was either identical or 1 second out at every single split right up to the finish.

The only odd timing was a 3 second gap at the 10k mark.

But according to the times they ran the whole race side by side, yet in 23 photos you cant see a single female in shot, and not only that but if you search for her photos, none exist at all, as though she was never in the race.

29/04/2013 at 20:43

Is it chip time or gun time ?  If its chip time she could have started 5 minutes behind him and finished 5 minutes behind him.... And wouldn't be in his photos 

29/04/2013 at 20:46
literatin wrote (see)

Yeah, I hate it when that happens to me, too. I guess you've got your plan for the Neolithic now, though, if Jindalee will co-operate.

Ahhh! But see thats the difference. Unlike some others, I will be posting my garmin time and Jindalees (we even have different varieties of garmins) .......and am quite happy for you to regard the 'slowest' time, since Jindalee will easily beat me.

And the funny thing is,  you even know this already. You know I dont hide behind something or make excuses (well OK I made a ton of excuses for Reading but hey ho) ........ so don't worry you will get full documentary evidence of my exploits in the Neolithic.

29/04/2013 at 20:49

Great detective work. You need a new career. 

seren nos    pirate
29/04/2013 at 20:51

on the marathon thread one guy has stated that someone with the same surname as him has got the identical time as him .all the splits state the same ......so he couldn't work out how as no one ran with him all the way and he presumed that the other person was going to be well pissed off that his time was marked down so slow........

is this the one you are refferring to or can we assume that the cock up involves totally messing up people with the same surname.......

29/04/2013 at 20:52
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Is it chip time or gun time ?  If its chip time she could have started 5 minutes behind him and finished 5 minutes behind him.... And wouldn't be in his photos 

There is a 'time of day' column, they both crossed at the exact same second over the start line (at 9:30:30 am) ..... and he finished at 12:27:01 ....... and she finished at 12:27:02.

All the other splits too are the same, indicating they ran the entire race together consistently.

29/04/2013 at 20:54

Keep at it DF3, I for one love this kind of stuff.

Did the chap just wear 2 chips to fiddle his wife getting the time?

Or did she just casually knock 3hours off her marathon pb because clearly every other race she's done has just been casual...

Or was it yet another chip error...

You've clearly ruffled Seren, swears and all. It's like hearing your grandmother swear, not good at all.

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 20:55
29/04/2013 at 20:56
literatin wrote (see)

No chance of that!  He can run with his own number, timing chip and Garmin.

I put in all the training so I will run under my own name and number.

29/04/2013 at 20:57

David I don't understand, have you targetted this woman for a reason, or do you really really sit there going through results like this?

You may or may not know, but most clubs, and I don't see why this one would be different, monitor race results for their own records.  I find it hard to believe that any club would be unaware for long if this was an attempt to cheat.

I hate cheats too...I keep my eye on a person I know who once accidentally swopped numbers with an older club member, if it were to happen again I'd report them immediately. If I posted a GFA time in a race, even if I was in it, my mates would know it was wrong and it would be the end of my club running for ever.

But what you're doing is just weird can't you see that?

1 to 20 of 237 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.