Draining arrangements

17 messages
27/07/2013 at 20:02

Do you have a draining board  ? If you do do you use it or dry things once they are washed ?

27/07/2013 at 20:06

I use it to place things on until I have finished the wahing up and can start drying it.

Sometimes I leave the tupperwear tubs that come out of the dishwasher damp on there to dry

But I feel there is something more to this question.  What have you been told off for leaving on the draining board?

27/07/2013 at 20:15

The wife's out. I'll ask her when she gets back........

27/07/2013 at 20:15

Obviously as a master of efficiency I use a draining rack. I can do a pile of washing up from start to finish in 15 minutes which my wife would piss about with for over an hour.

Its painful being in the kitchen at such times.

27/07/2013 at 20:30
RicF - at least your wife does it! My OH will do the bits she wants to (leaving all the greasy dishes and pans) and claims to have "done the washing up"!
28/07/2013 at 00:19

Yes, I never understand doing some of the washing up.

M...eldy    pirate
28/07/2013 at 00:52

There are those that complain the forums are dull ..... even I have to agree when the topic of dicsussion is 'draining boards' !!

What next? ....

28/07/2013 at 08:41

I have two draining boards one for dirty one for clean, though towards the end of a really big session the dirty side can be pressed in for clean too.  Can't understand how anyone manages with just one.  Neither can I understand why my parents in law think it is "helping" to dry up when they don't know where anything goes.  If you leave it to dry on the rack you get a pile of dry stuff.  If they dry up I get a pile of dry stuff all over the kitchen and a soggy tea towel.

28/07/2013 at 10:14

I have a dishwasher, life's too short to do washing up.

I use my draining board to dry rinsed out bottles and cans before I chuck them in the recycling.

28/07/2013 at 10:43

Oh I so want a double drainer. I hate my tiny kitchen sink with it's pokey little hole and pokey little frainer. how I long for a great big kitchen sink.

Actually I hate my kitchen, I haven't the fainest idea why I haven't taken my sledge hammer to it. (except that I don't know how to plumb maybe).

28/07/2013 at 12:07

Live on my own so dont need a dishwasher and use the draining board to drip dry the dishes exhilirating lol

28/07/2013 at 14:28

Dishwasher. 

If it won't go in the dishwasher, it goes in the bin. I have an ornamental sink and draining board. 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
28/07/2013 at 14:36

don't have a dishwasher.have 3 tenage sons and a hubby for dishes..........they always get left to dry naturally as this is the most hygenic way........( and the easiest)

28/07/2013 at 15:49

My son works in catering and never dries dishes.  He says the same as seren , drying naturally is the most hygenic. 

28/07/2013 at 17:29

On a slightly different 'draining' issue, it appears that the gutter outside my bedroom window is blocked or the down pipe can't cope with the volume of water falling last night.  It made sure to tell me continuously for several hours

28/07/2013 at 23:40
Lady Wot Jogs wrote (see)

My son works in catering and never dries dishes.  He says the same as seren , drying naturally is the most hygenic. 

Exactly. Tea-towels are the work of the devil, a breeding ground for contagion and vile humours

28/07/2013 at 23:51

Well ours are 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.