Dreams and Nightmares

19 messages
26/07/2013 at 14:43

26/07/2013 at 15:03
Rarely ever remember mine but do wake up with a start sometimes if a nightmare! OH though is an amateur fiction writer and gets all her story ideas from dreams.
26/07/2013 at 15:41

Extremely. i remember being shot once and felt it go black and i knew I had died and it was so peaceful. It was bloody terrifying!

26/07/2013 at 16:31

I once had a vision of staring up at a crowd of faces having been blown-up!

To this day I try and avoid bombs.

Edited: 26/07/2013 at 16:32
26/07/2013 at 16:44

I couldn't possibly comment on some of my dreams KK ,

Do sometimes have 'dream rows' where I end up having a god almighty barney about something with someone close and then when wake up still feeling like we're not talking in real-life and it take a while to reconcile, which can be a bit disconcerting.

26/07/2013 at 17:12

I have dreams where when I wake up i'm often confused into believing that the dream is reality. Often to do with day and date and month and sometimes year. Nice when you wake up believung you are 18 and it's a Saturday.

26/07/2013 at 17:49

I remember a dream where I realised I was being led to my execution.

The most notable aspects being the efficiency and professionalism of the other parties, but also the most awful realisation that it wasn't fear of death that troubled me, but that society had decided that as a human being I was so utterly worthless I wasn't worth keeping alive.

I'm still here so I guess I woke up.

26/07/2013 at 18:26

I have dreams where something terrible has happened (crashed car, teeth fallen out etc) and I am desperately hoping it is just a dream, but irrefutable evidence is given that it is real.  Last time, I remembered reading about lucid dreaming, and the test is that if you hold you nose and cover your mouth, and you can still breathe, you ARE dreaming and can go on to direct your dream.  So in this dream I tried it, and COULDN'T breathe, so deduced that it was in fact real life, and had a really grim time until I woke up!

Edited: 26/07/2013 at 18:56
26/07/2013 at 20:49
If I sleep during the day I remember them very vividly. A repeating episode in my dreams is that if there's an open window Bobby Ball will often climb in through it.

Strangely when I'm under stress and unhappy my dreams get bigger and happier.
26/07/2013 at 20:50

sometimes i dream in colour

26/07/2013 at 21:30

Mad4morris - try turning on a light in your dream, it doesn't matter if you are outside or in, just try turning on a light. if you turn it on and it doesn't work then you are dreaming. Always works for me and my dream mind can't get around it even though it knows about the light trick it can't make the light work.

I dream in colour, I can smell and taste and feel pain in my dreams. Some of my most vivid dreams aree ones where I am in pain. (and usually crying like a baby - in those dreams everyone around me seems deeply unsympathetic, even if I'm dying in agony).

26/07/2013 at 21:42

I rarely dream xcept when I'm very troubled.  The fact that I know I've had a dream tells me a lot about my mental state and that I need to do something about it

26/07/2013 at 21:46

I often dream, and in my dreams there exists a whole town that I've never been to in the waking world. It's so vivid that I could draw a map of it

26/07/2013 at 21:47

Oh, and if I have a nightmare and wake up with a start, I sometimes feel as though my hands are massive. Odd, but there you have it. 

26/07/2013 at 23:32
In dreams I get chased by cows quite a lot.

A bit off subject. I have a fear of cows. If I get close to them I get a physiological stress response. Couple of years ago I developed a phobia of crossing bridges. No idea why. During that time I happened to go through a field of cows. No rising panic. Nothing. I walked up to the cows to see when the reaction would start. It didn't. Went happily past cows from then on, but avoided bridges. After a few months the bridge fear subsided then stopped. Went through a field of cows, had a panic attack. Is it possible to have a phobic see-saw with cows on one end and bridges on the other?
27/07/2013 at 01:24

Apparently

28/07/2013 at 14:27

Isn't there a film called The Bridge on the River Cow?

28/07/2013 at 22:40

I once dreamt I was cheating on Johnny Depp with Brad Pitt. I was saying 'No Brad, no. Johnny will see us'.

I enjoyed that dream.

Mostly my dreams are unpleasant and I have a bit of a sleepwalking thing going on where I'm 'awake' but I can see things that aren't there. When I switch on the light they're obviously not there, but occasionally when I switch the light off I can see them again, so I don't know if I would be classed as asleep or awake as I seem to be both. They're not nice things either. It gets worse in the summer so I think it has something to do with being too warm.

Strange that about the bridges and the cows.

29/07/2013 at 13:26

I hear Christmas carols. It's July. I'm in the office. Unfortunately, I can't wake up. I'm at work. Only here.......

Aaarghhhhh

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
19 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.