Edinburgh Running

Good tips for running in Edinburgh

5 messages
24/10/2002 at 12:56
Any good tips regarding running in Edinburgh in the evening (in the dark hours).
I recently moved to Edinburgh and currently live in the West End and only get to run after work.
24/10/2002 at 13:37
Sorry can't help you but the post looked lonely.
Boing!!!
24/10/2002 at 16:22
There is a large-ish common area that I ran around in Edinburgh last winter but cannot remember what it was called (not very helpful I know). There are several parks & stuff near the Morningside/ Fairmile areas that I have ran in as well. There are also maps with cycle routes on them that I have used for running in the Gorgie/ Murrayfield area and go all over the Edinburgh area.

With the recent 10k & the marathon there next summer, there are bound to be more runners on the streets. Some local running clubs (again my knowledge is next-to-none-existent) may have routes on their sites.

Good luck, though

Gavo
28/10/2002 at 16:31
Check out the Queen's Park, at Holyrood. You can book in to the Commonwealth Pool for a change run around Arthur's Seat (about 3.3 miles, with a mile climbing)return to the Commonwealth Pool for a swim/cool down.

There's also the running shop Run and Become at 67 Dalry Road, just off Haymarket that may be a good source of local running info as well as kit.

Good luck.
02/11/2002 at 14:56
It depend how far you want to run. Up Lothian Road - through the meadows - to coomonwealth pool - down past Authur seat - to Abbeyhill - along London Road -along Queen Street - Home. Or down Queensferry Road to Stockbridge up to Crewe Toll along Ferry road to the road where the botanics is and up Hannover street. Off road paths and walkways tend not to be lit - but there are potentially some good runs in daylight hours along the Leith Walk way Up to Colinton and around about. I live in Perth now (loads of nice runs) but used to live in Edinburgh 5 years ago, but I wasn't a runner then. Folk in Run and Become are really helpful so a trip along would be well worth it for some suggestions. I'm sure a couple of folk who work there run into work and live in the Currie area. However, that might just be a figment of my imagination. Good Luck anyway

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.