emails

6 messages
22/02/2013 at 16:41

hi  i have a friend  who emails me a lot    trouble is  the email are arrving in my box   7 to 11 days after it was sent    does anyone know why this is happening   i am with gmail

22/02/2013 at 16:45

Do you know if your friend is using a first class or second class SMTP stamp on the emails?

seren nos    pirate
22/02/2013 at 16:48
AgentGinger wrote (see)

Do you know if your friend is using a first class or second class SMTP stamp on the emails?

22/02/2013 at 16:49

Maybe your service provider would be able to give you some guidance?  

22/02/2013 at 17:01

Look at the headers ("show original" option in Gmail I think). You should see a list of servers that the email went through and a timestamp for when it happened.

The timestamp on the email is set by your friend's email program. The message may be queued up on their PC, particularly if they're using dial-up, and not actually sent until much later.

22/02/2013 at 17:41

ok  thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.