employment law

anyone got any advice?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
09/01/2007 at 11:02
Acas as per Rio would be the best bet. A company can't unilaterally change your contract but if the nature of the role/companies business changes they made decide they need to change your contract. The only way for them to do this without your agreement is to terminate your employement then offer you the new contract. They would have to ensure that the dismissal was fair and that would be what any tribunal would look at. Very few companies comply with the statutory dismissal procedure though which is a shame as its there for everyones protection IMHO. Information and communication go a long weay to alaying anyones fears doesn't sound like you are getting a lot of either so understandably you may be concerned. Anyway back to my day job which is this ironically!
ImRio    pirate
09/01/2007 at 11:35
mine too simon
09/01/2007 at 15:19
That explains the sensible advice then. Although I wish I could knock an hour off my marathon time then I could have a career doing that instead, i'm sure it would be more fun!
ImRio    pirate
09/01/2007 at 15:24
I am going for half an hour this time which will mean I have taken an hour and a half off since 2004. (Its great having such a slow time!)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.