Facebook

Meeting up with a blast from the past. Would you?

21 to 40 of 50 messages
04/04/2011 at 09:35
me and KK?? nah - not enough in the top bollocks stakes for my liking....
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
04/04/2011 at 14:16
fat buddha wrote (see)
me and KK?? nah - not enough in the top bollocks stakes for my liking....

She could be your flat mate FB 

I would like to know what happened to one of mine ???
Just to see hopefully the same thing happened to her head that she did with mine and she has been close to jumping over a bridge

04/04/2011 at 17:00

I'd kind of like to know what happened to a couple of mine - because they were so "superior" and I wonder why they are not now ruling the country/multi-millionaires/famous in some field.  Another was hell-bent on self destruction, and I wonder if he made anything of himself.  But I'd not want contact with them, just a fly-on-the wall look at where I might have been if my life had taken a different course.

I was contacted by one ex via Friends Reunited years ago - married with loads of kids and a "if you are ever down this way" kind of open but not serious invitation.  TBH, I'd probably look him up if I was ever going to be in that area, but only because there is definitely no unfinished business for either of us.

04/04/2011 at 18:12

There are ex's and then ex's. This one was special, and I messed it up. That said, people are your ex's for a reason and life moves on.

I was really close to him, and would just love an evening of finding out how his life went after we separated. Sure he did just fine, he still has a wonderful sense of humour. It was probably mine that turned to crap!

Relax all those that think I am going to jump him. I have booked into a very unromantic, middle of the road, twin bedroomed hotel.

Good job this meeting is not happening in October when I run Liverpool. As I have the Hilton booked then!!
04/04/2011 at 18:15

Get a hat Cilla

I remember saying all the way up the motorway "It will be nice just to see how she turned out"..........

and I remember driving back down the motorway saying *Oh feck, Oh feck Oh feck"

04/04/2011 at 18:18
In a word... No.

In several words: NO WAY JOSE.
04/04/2011 at 18:50

Dave - Lol
04/04/2011 at 18:53
hope to ...... wrote (see)
Dave - Lol

The wife of 23 years who got dumped for an old flame, still hasn't laughed about it
LIVERBIRD    pirate
04/04/2011 at 18:56
Nobody else would have me.
04/04/2011 at 19:02

I bet she hasn't!
04/04/2011 at 19:44
I met up with someone who I used to work with through FB.  We exchanged a few emails and when she told me she lived in Zurich, I admitted that I used to have quite a crush on her (knowing I wouldn't bump into her on the street and get embarrassed) and she said she also had had a crush on me.  We exchanged emails, spoke lots on the phone and I went out to see her (by then we both knew where it was going).  We saw each other for a few months.  It was doomed from the start obviously, but it was fun and exciting while it lasted.
04/04/2011 at 20:00

Ex's are ex's for a reason, as others have said. I have two very significant ex's, both of whom I much later re-established contact with (one at my initiative, the other at hers). They both emigrated across the Atlantic soon after we finished ... must be something about me.

Looking back on it, one was the right woman but at the wrong time.  The other was never going to work out longtime, and the recent contacts confirmed both cases.

The other ex is the ex-Mrs Muttley. I have occasional contact with her, and it's much less than it was since Muttley Jnr grew up.

After we sold the marital home to buy our own places, I had the ex-Mrs lodging with me for a while. I kept putting Pink Floyd's "Meddle" on the CD player ... there's a particular track called "One of these days I'm going to cut you up into little pieces."

LIVERBIRD    pirate
04/04/2011 at 20:07

One of my exes (bear in mind I've been with Mr LB for over half my life so I was only a kid when I was with him) has told his wife that she was his first ever girlfriend!

How weird is that? She has TWO of us as Facebook friends!

04/04/2011 at 20:30
The usual Scouse in-breeding LB
04/04/2011 at 20:34
(she's a fake scouser)
LIVERBIRD    pirate
04/04/2011 at 20:35
He knows Peter. He's met me. We're going to have babies.
04/04/2011 at 20:36
so you're three-timing me?
LIVERBIRD    pirate
04/04/2011 at 20:36

The thing is, it's taken me over 20 years to notice what a dickhead he is too.

The ex, not Dave.

04/04/2011 at 20:37
And not me, I hope...?!?!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
04/04/2011 at 20:41
Peter Collins wrote (see)
so you're three-timing me?

No - I have loads.
21 to 40 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.