Fad diets

41 to 42 of 42 messages
25/03/2013 at 07:29
They've found frog DNA in Freddo's!
25/03/2013 at 10:02

I think the only way to lose weight and maintain it is a decent diet and a good amount of excercise.

My ex once went on the Cambridge Diet and it's cobblers. She did lose weight short term but had headaches, terrible mood swings and her breath smelt like a corpse. I finally managed to talk her out of it and she changed to a more sensible diet. I can't see a GP reccommending something like the Cambridge Diet. She basically ate next to nothing apart from some powdery muck out of a packet. She might as well have eaten bits of dust and lettuce leaves, it would make the same amount of sense.

People in these modern times are conditioned to get everything in an instant. That's why ridiculous diets are succesful, because people see a quick fix and immediately want it without having to invest any actual dedication or effort. It's depressing.

My experience of fad diets from an observers point of view is that they are bad news. Unfortunately most of them employ "reps" or "counsellers" who I don't think should be called that. They are in it to make money and they brain wash people with spiel.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 42 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.