Fans of Thanet

A general forum for runners in Thanet

201 to 220 of 10,113 messages
17/01/2008 at 09:32

morning - thought if I came on here i might catch up with the news and what PSC is up to!

We passed on the drive this morning at 0630hrs, I've been taking care of my parents for the last 36hrs - now exhausted, so my planned plod (today) is not looking nearly as attractive as the sofa! will force myself out the door for at least an hour in quiet recognition of Steady, whom I had the pleasure of running Copenhagen Mara with in 2006.

Mark - not spoken to PSC, but can we say 1 definite for Friday - whats the format? drop me a mail if I need to bring anything/£ etc Thanks.

And Finally - all I have to say on the subject of nuts is  ....Hellrunner!

17/01/2008 at 09:33
PSC Hellrunner is such a laugh we are definitely planning to do it again this year.  May need a bigger coach this year though as so many people want to join the madness. And the bog of doom makes the Minis Bay dykes look like mere puddles
17/01/2008 at 09:39
need I say more!
17/01/2008 at 10:15

bo-bo  no need to do anything for Friday except turn up with your purse full of drink purchasing vouchers.  Its smart (ish) casual and I believe some food and music is being laid on and of course the club presentations.  I will let Gen know there will be at least one of you there.

Enjoy the sofa it sounds like you have earned it.  I never had the pleasure of meeting Steady but have been following the thread, which is very moving.  Our thoughts are certainly with his friends and family today.

And finally - your gonna love Hellrunner this year honest

17/01/2008 at 13:10
I've been practicing for Hellrunner & Dartmoor - its vile out there but 12 very windy, wet and hilly miles achieved off to shower and check on the parents.
17/01/2008 at 13:23

Bo Bo

Ideal conditions for Dartmoor training I would have thought! I went out on Tuesday night when the old Thanet Way was flooded. I had driving rain, high winds, got scalped by a thorn bush I didn't see in the dark, and then to top it all went over on my ankle. Feeling not too bad now, so might try to do my 4/5 mile run tonight, hope it isn't still as bad as you describe.

17/01/2008 at 13:30
CB - ouch hope the ankle is ok, local radio promises the weather is improving so lets hope they are right for once.
17/01/2008 at 14:10

CB  if the ankle is sore rest it.  you will only do more damage beter to miss a couple of training runs now than do some serious damage to the ankle. 

Right then speed session tonight so what shall I get the victims  oops I mean athletes to do then hmmmm decision decisions

17/01/2008 at 15:12

Mark

Thanks for the advice. I am doing the Dartford 10 on Sunday so perhaps I should hold off until then. Any excuse to sit one out! It is an absolute b***** trying to haul myself out of a nice cosy house when I get home midweek. Lighter nights will help. 

PSC    pirate
17/01/2008 at 17:12
You need a good headtorch CB.... Bobo and I run with a Pezl Tikka XP (link to one of a million suppliers )  - shoudl add we share it.
17/01/2008 at 20:41
How does that work? Do you tie your legs together like a 3 legged race and hold the light up somewhere between your two heads?
17/01/2008 at 21:22
LOL - no, I get to use it when he's not!
18/01/2008 at 11:24
was fun last night. !!  8 x 600m  lovely.  4 with wind behind and 4 into the wind te he !  Im sure they all loved it.  Well I think that was what they muttered when I told them what the session was it sounded something like B*****d but Im sure they said Brilliant!  thats just what we wanted
PSC    pirate
18/01/2008 at 22:06

CB, where are you.... You've won a prize from the club champs in the mara! Well done mate.... MF and I are drinking it coz you couldn't be bothered to turn up
19/01/2008 at 11:44
What was that for then? Unfortunately I had a prior engagement last night which also involved a lot of alcohol. I did send Derek a text message giving everyone my best wishes for the evening.
PSC    pirate
19/01/2008 at 12:32
Can't remember - I am sure Mark or Sharon will come on later and let you know!  (only kidding about drinking it btw - you need to clear some shelf space for a rather nice looking medal in a box).
19/01/2008 at 17:37

CB  sorry mate I cant remember exactly which medal you have won (poosibly due the Guinness consumed)  but you have won something in the club championships at the Thanet marathon well done

Cliff Face yuo are gonna love this but you also won a medal as 3rd vet 40 at the marathon (not bad for the tail end charlie)

PSC    pirate
20/01/2008 at 12:47
Mark - we've got a event entry organised now and I've started a thread for the Kent (Kings Wood) Duathlon..... Link to thread/event details last year there were 50  in it, so you've got a chance of a good place on that fancy new bike of yours I'll be doing it - my place has just been confirmed on the basis that I am providing two marshals....
20/01/2008 at 13:57

PSC

Do your two marhalls know yet?

20/01/2008 at 14:03

Thanet 20 also has 2 marshals - the Jnr one has earnt a big reward!

How did Dartford go CB? 

201 to 220 of 10,113 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.