Fans of Thanet

A general forum for runners in Thanet

241 to 260 of 10,114 messages
22/01/2008 at 19:20

Cinders - he's georgeous!

healing vibes to Paula from me too

MF7 -would love to join you, but only if its convenient to all - can't do this weekend, Canterbury 10 plus PSC is off to the white stuff tomorrow so no cover for early morning starts but would be with you in spirit, either day the following weekend could I'm sure be negotiated 

Cliff - can I have a signed photo

PSC    pirate
22/01/2008 at 19:23

What's your opening bid then?
22/01/2008 at 19:40
dinner!
PSC    pirate
22/01/2008 at 19:43

You win

Check your texts!
22/01/2008 at 20:39
I don't want to get involved in a domestic but are you two making bids for my signed photo?
22/01/2008 at 20:44
So I take it that as Bo Bo won she is taking me out to dinner!!!!
22/01/2008 at 20:52
shush - we don't want gate-crashers
23/01/2008 at 08:21

Mark,

This Saturday is no good for me and next Friday evening I am out on a works bash. What I will try and do is not drink too much Friday and join you Saturday. If I fail miserably then I will run alone Sunday morning. Sorry to be so indecisive but you know what it is like when you are out with good intentions "Go on then, just one more pleeeeeeeze"

23/01/2008 at 09:20

being a big wuss I dont really fancy doing the run on my own so how about  Saturday 2nd ? and hope Cliff can join us, at least for some, if not all of the run.  Does that sound like a compromise ?

Cinders He's cute.  Lovely pics

Had a phone call from Paula last night she is ok ish  no break just some tendon damage still Very painfull but she should be ok.  And she said thank you to everyone who stopped to help her on Monday night and to everyone on here who sent "healing thoughts"

wonder if I can sneak into the Girlie run this Saturday morning without the current Mrs F spotting me

23/01/2008 at 12:16

Too late pal - you're spotted!!

You can run but not with me and Hells Bells!!

23/01/2008 at 13:51

MF7/Cliff etc

What kind of distance were you guys looking to do on the 2nd and at what kind of pace and are we talking road or offroad?

23/01/2008 at 14:12
HI Bill its planned to be the Viking trail 27 ish miles
23/01/2008 at 15:29

A bit too early for me Mark. I seem to recall you did the same thing last year, but a bit later on did you not? Also, I expect the Viking Trail is not especially even, or is it ok?

Oh, by the way, have you heard anything from the seoul Man recently, he seems to have gone awfully quiet, does he know about this thread?

23/01/2008 at 19:10

Saturday 2nd is in my diary  - someone can give me the details nearer the time.

Sadly I can't run on Saturday, Jnr has an exeat this weekend and I'm already deserting him Sunday for the Canterbury 10 - will be coming back though aftre the Viking re-enactment .

Jnr and I are off out for a pizza - while the cats away! - see you later.......

23/01/2008 at 19:57
CB - I am sure that we will be doing the Viking trail later in the year. The run is virtually all on paths, footpaths with a little road running., therefore it is stable underfoot the whole of the way. You could join us and drop off when you have had enough. For me after a night's boozing it will be about 2miles after I start. Now as a highly tuned, highly trained athlete I should put the most important activity first..........mine's a pint!
23/01/2008 at 20:23

CB you are most welcome to join us, as is anyone else mad enough, and as CF said you could always drop out when you have had enough.  Dont let CF lull you into a false sense of security last time we did this he said he was gonna drop out and did the ehole thing

So Sat 2nd it is then. Bo-Bo shall we start at 8.00 to give CF a fighting chance or start really early just to be nasty  Enjoy your Pizza

CB I have not spoken to Seoul man recently but he is in regular contact with Jnr F as she is flying in to pay him a visit in Feb (and to drag him out of the gym) and I guess he probably does not know about this thread I will email him the link

Been rumbled with my cunning plan to infiltrate this Saturdays "girlie" run so I guess Ill just run over (being carefull not to go too fast on the long straight bits) and run with them staying well away from Mrs F and Hells bells

23/01/2008 at 22:14

MF7 - I like the sound of 8am (working backwards - journey time & breakfast  - a much more sociable alarm!). Same place? There are plenty of long straight bits according to my map - I will bring a garmin   It appears there is opportunity to sleep off hangovers, have a picnic, catch a train/bus, visit historical sites or simply drop out, in abundance.....I'm sure there are some "nutters" in the making.

Pizza was great - Jnr kept me entertained; practicing for French oral tomorrow delivered in Jeremy Clarkson style.

23/01/2008 at 22:15
"nutters" in the making - tempted that is!!
24/01/2008 at 07:56

8am sounds great to me, just give me a nudge if I fall asleep. Bo Bo It sounds more like an expedition than a LSR!

Go on Bill, you know that you want to!

24/01/2008 at 12:26

http://mediafiles.thedms.co.uk/publication/tk-than/leaflet.pdf

Just in case anyone is interested in the Viking trail route

241 to 260 of 10,114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.