Fans of Thanet

A general forum for runners in Thanet

261 to 280 of 10,114 messages
24/01/2008 at 12:26

Wotcha peeps!

9.15pm and I'm ready to go home. Loooooooong day and my kids' (who have a long state school holiday in Jan and Feb: from Xmas to Chinese New Year) were overly hyper in my class today... too many e numbers in the noodles....

Some teachers are to have a quick (s)Hite Beer (local brew  -  makes yer fart) after work so may have one. Tomorrow's not too busy...

Yes...I am more in the gym and pool than one the pavements. However, I take umbridge (sic) at the accusation of being a gym bunny. I do not wear pink, I do not have fleecy bell-bottomed trakky bums, I do not have mascara, I sweat like a good 'un and I do not have an I-pod....nor do I use a treadmill And.....let's be serious here....am I ever....ever....likely to end up with a perky pony-tail ????

Methinks not!

Temperature outside is minus 6 at the moment and pollution level is 5% ....above WHO recommended levels....

Apart from that, things go apace. There is an article being written which'll be sent to the newsletter editor in due course...ie. when I have finished it!

Foster Jnr is indeed arriving shortly. I have to work for a lot of the time she's here but I am sure she'll cheerfully traumatise the locals and we'll see the sights when I'm free. Gonna try and get a trip to the DMZ line with North Korea organised if possible.

Right off to have a portion of 'takgalbi' and biru or two....

24/01/2008 at 13:12

Ahh Seoul Man !!  (sounds a bit like a like a carry on name)   Good to see you are stil lurking around in these forums.  You will be pleased to know, I'm sure, that I have convinced a couple of other "nutters" from the club to take part on the Marshside overnighter.  I am sure you remember last years with affection.

What on earth is "takgalbi"  it sounds like something left on the pavement after a good night out in Ramsgate

Minus 6 eh blimey even I might need to wear a long sleeve running shirt out there

Get your magazine article finished soon as romour has it that there could be a new editor waiting in the wings to take over.

Good to hear from you

24/01/2008 at 13:42

Cliff MF etc

I sent a message a couple of hours ago but it seems to have gone missing in cyberspace so if it does arrive now and you think I have lost the plot and am repeating myself that explains it.

I should be doing about 14 by the 2nd so maybe joining up would be a good idea. Biggest problem will be getting back to the car if I do drop out. Where will you guys be starting and in what direction will you be running? If I know that I can have a look at CF's map and work out an exit strategy.

The weekend after that I am away for 5 days so my schedule is likely to fall behind anyway, so doing a bit more on the 2nd might be quite a good idea.

24/01/2008 at 14:16

CB  most likely we will start at Ramsgate and head out in an anti clockwise direction so following the coastal path to minis bay, approx 12 ish miles I recon,  and then cutting in land.  

If your worried about distances and or speed  maybe you could park your car somewhere on the route and run towards us then when we meet up you turn around and run back to your car at least that way you get some company for half of your run.  Just a thought

24/01/2008 at 14:25

Mark

For the princely sum of £3.45 I can get a day return on the train from Chestfield to Ramsgate, leaving Chestfield at 06.58 and getting into Ramsgate at 07.44. Then if I ran round as far as Birchington which you say is 12 miles or so, I could then decide whether or not to carry on for another mile or two then double back on my own to pick up train home from Birchington. Sorted!

24/01/2008 at 14:26

Mark

Forgot to say, I will definitely be coming down tonight, hopefully meeting at the swimming pool.

24/01/2008 at 16:25
Sounds like a plan  See you tonight then
25/01/2008 at 17:10

< tiptoes into thread>

WHERE ARE YOU ALL

25/01/2008 at 18:50

I'm here !

So what did you have them doing last night Mark?    Just wondering for when I can make my Thursday night return sometime!

25/01/2008 at 18:56

I am here as well.

I looked in today (during my lunchbreak) and wondered where you all were. Anyway, good to know that you are not all on other rival fora? BoBo where is PSC? I am a skier of ill repute and would be interested to know where he is enjoying the white stuff

Welcome Ciders, I hope that the sleep patterns are ok!

25/01/2008 at 20:39

Cliff - he is currently in Kitzbuhel, the annual family holiday will be in Champagny en Vanoise last week of March. I have interpreted his silence today as "lots of good skiing and schnapps"

is there somewhere other than RW  <shakes head in awe>

25/01/2008 at 21:06
We are ski -less for the first time in 6 years, How will we cope? There is no real reason, we all wanted to, it was just that I had the Moonlight in mind and therefore wanted to avoid the half term week, Therefore when else is there to ski if you are tied to the holidays. So the fact that I wanted to abuse my legs for 6 hours on a Saturday night in Feb has deprived my family of the white stuff!!!! Never mind there will be plenty (global warming permitted) there next year
25/01/2008 at 21:31

skiing and school hols are an expensive nightmare - we have done some very successful Christmas weeks in the past but the snow can be a little patchy early season - we did Feb half term once & never again!  - late March/early April (touch wood) we have always been lucky snow- wise. Dependant on when Easter w/c falls we have had to be a little imaginative with start/end of term, but never missed more than 2 days

PSC just "phoned home" - suffice to say he's having a BRILLIANT time.

26/01/2008 at 13:39

Bo Bo and Cliff. My eldest is currently repping in Brasov in Romania and they have lots of snow and very cheap beer.

Cinders. I did my first speed session on Thursday and we did 400m reps with 100m recovery, times ten or twelve for the speed merchants.

26/01/2008 at 15:19

I have ski envy.  Not been for 8 years and don't seem to be able to persuade Mr C he wants to go !!!

Mmm CB, times that by 1 for me then ha ha.  Can't do much till get signed off in 4 weeks anyway.

26/01/2008 at 17:25

Just put down the phone - PSC has given me a flake by flake account of his day - I refuse to submit to ski envy 

CB - will look out for you tomorrow morning, I will probably be a last minute arrival (to avoid abandoning Jnr too long)  - I best consider parking options

26/01/2008 at 17:50
Bo  Bo I will be using the Park and Ride facility, seems the best bet.
26/01/2008 at 18:03
La la laaaa bo-bo, have ski fingers in ears now !!! 
PSC    pirate
26/01/2008 at 18:52

Evening folks. Just of to dinner but have to say that the skiing is awesome. Powder off piste and lovely on piste. Been doing both today a lot! The bottom of the slopes are icy and worn but the world cup was here last week and the run is just scary. I've known of the hannenkamn all my life and have now skied it. It is scary. Seriously scary. Last day tomorrow will be great to be home tho its been some fairly hard core skiing
27/01/2008 at 17:10
Great to meet some more Thanet peeps at Canterbury 10 this morning - my club shirt is no longer new!
261 to 280 of 10,114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.